On a serious note. Get tested.

Marks71

Good Luck Frank, and don't cheat on that stuff! Had a friend that did, they sent him home and he had to start from scratch again a different day!  Its no fun the first day why take a chance and have to do it twice?? 

• Like 3

Make sure there is a path cleared for you.

Be sure to study hard for your test and....Good Luck

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I’ll be pushing for ya Steve. 

image.png.0a687c62b471c1b043f3cb6fe38b4def.png

Dennis, with that prescribed prep stuff I doubt he will need any assistance with the pushing.

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I’ll be pushing for ya Steve. 

That cocktail is for Frank not me at this time thank goodness of course I do have something coming up just waiting to hear and when. Surgery scheduler should be calling soon 😒

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

That cocktail is for Frank not me at this time thank goodness of course I do have something coming up just waiting to hear and when. Surgery scheduler should be calling soon 😒

We are all here if you need anything. Just holler. 

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1

13 hours ago, Dtret said:

We are all here if you need anything. Just holler. 

11 hours ago, willie said:

Yes Steve as Dennis said we are here if you need us!!

Nice to know you guys are 'behind' him, all the way😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

If it’s what I think it is, you’ll spend more time in the room waiting for the urologist than the actual procedure, which is about 10 minutes. Hoping you score a big zero Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1
  • Sad 1

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear about your Valentine date this year. Before I had my prostate biopsy, I was really nervous about the procedure. It turned out it was easier then a colonoscapy. They put you to sleep and you wake up feeling fine. I had no side effects from the procedure. They took 13 samples and I didn't feel a thing. Just the way I like it. Hope my experience eased your mind. Good luck with the results.

Mike 

On 11/8/2023 at 2:42 PM, Marks71 said:

My point is that I know there are quite a few club members in my age group. If you haven’t had a PSA screening, get one. It could save by your life. By the way, I went to the 2023 show and thanked the people in the screening room for saving my life. IMG_1452.thumb.jpeg.833b915e0a09d0579ea6fde83741a998.jpeg

I am scheduled for my yearly visit to my urologist in February.  When I saw him last year, just like every year he gives me an R/X for this years PSA test.  I went for that test yesterday afternoon and got my results today.... 1.33 was my result which is on the lower end of the acceptable range of 4.0.  I hold my breath every year waiting for my results.  

Like some other cancers, Prostate Cancer is a cancer that presents no symptoms until it could be too late so having this PSA test can save your life.

rob

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

58 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I am scheduled for my yearly visit to my urologist in February.  When I saw him last year, just like every year he gives me an R/X for this years PSA test.  I went for that test yesterday afternoon and got my results today.... 1.33 was my result which is on the lower end of the acceptable range of 4.0.  I hold my breath every year waiting for my results.  

Like some other cancers, Prostate Cancer is a cancer that presents no symptoms until it could be too late so having this PSA test can save your life.

rob

I had my yearly physical Monday. The PSA numbers have consistently been about 1.1 or so. This time it's 1.71. A little concerned, but we decided to do a re-test of the bloodwork and see what it shows. I'm thinking about using a different lab to do the testing, just to rule out a possible bad calibration on the test equipment.

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

I had my yearly physical Monday. The PSA numbers have consistently been about 1.1 or so. This time it's 1.71. A little concerned, but we decided to do a re-test of the bloodwork and see what it shows. I'm thinking about using a different lab to do the testing, just to rule out a possible bad calibration on the test equipment.

That’s why the yearly is so important. If it starts to creep up they can test again, and come up with a plan if they see a pattern. Mine shot to 12.6. The needle biopsy took 12 cores and found cancer in 3. 2 had a Gleason score of 3+4 and 1 scored a 3+3. Not real bad numbers but still cancer. I opted for a 28 day regiment of radiation treatments. After about 5 months they did another PSA. Came in less than 0.1. 6 months later it was 0.1. So It came up slightly, which the urologist expected. I’ll be getting a PSA every 6 months now for awhile. If the numbers are acceptable they’ll be every year. 

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

• 1 month later...

So I got tested as you know found my psa was up just a little but they did mri and found something.  So then I had to go for biopsy on my prostate.  Of the 14 samples 3 were found with cancer, the levels are very low and its very early.  They have to do a little more testing on the samples then we decide what direction we go. But the Dr said it is 100 percent curable so after the treatment I will be cancer free. So yes it is important to get tested for sure! If your on the fence just do it. It's much better to catch it early. Thank you all that have kind words for me I appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

So sorry to hear that Steve. It’s great you got it early. They’ll assign a score to each of the positive core samples to determine severity. If you google PCRI you can also get more helpful info regarding treatment. I didn’t spend too much time on the internet doing research because it could get too confusing. I was comfortable with that particular site though. The Q and A videos were informative. The treatment has improved greatly, just within the last few years. The radiation treatment is extremely accurate now. Keep us in the loop. Just had my PSA a week  ago, same as the last one. 0.1.  
You got this!   Mark

• Like 3

Sorry to hear this Steve. I’m glad you have been keeping up on your testing and caught it very early. That is the key to detecting cancer. More choices of treatment for the best outcome possible for you.  A very simple blood test (1 extra vial) which can be done when you go for your yearly annual physical exam and bloodwork can catch it. Great news that your case is 100 percent curable too. Thank you for sharing this Steve, wishing you a very speedy recovery. 

Gentlemen, I’m going to use this as a Public Service Announcement. If you don’t go to a doctor, please go see one for a routine ANNUAL physical exam and ask for a PSA test. It’s 1 extra vial of blood when they are doing your lab (blood) work. Early detection is key. We all do preventive maintainance on our Monte’s to keep them running and performing in top condition. There is no reason not to do it for yourself too. The life you save may be your own !!!

• Like 6

On 1/21/2024 at 7:35 PM, FrankOC said:

Speaking of testing

IMG_5186.jpeg

Yal, I’m studying hard!. My test Wednesday the 6 th.. joy joy .🥲 

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1