70 monte grill

17 minutes ago, misty70 said:

This kind of crap is why I never post stuff on here no one is serious about anything I don't even know why I pay dues for this club

We're all just having a good time. No harm intended we are a big family and family has fun together!

• Like 2

Walter, trust me, the comment about getting your shoes 👞 👞 in the pictures was not anyone hassling you, it was aimed at another member (dtret) who frequently manages to get his own feet, shoes or slippers in his photos.

We love Dennis and his foot/ fetish.  Again the comment was not a dig at you.

rob

• Like 4

2 hours ago, misty70 said:

This kind of crap is why I never post stuff on here no one is serious about anything I don't even know why I pay dues for this club

On the contrary. Not sure if you're a member of any facebook monte related groups, but most of the info you find there will be generalized answers, 'I think it's this', or wrong/unsafe info altogether. (the exception being info from some of our members here, that post also on FB).

A bunch of guys here spend a lot of time, and go out of their way to research answers to peoples questions/problems, and usually try to include some factual documentation to back up their answer. Try that on FB. I've had people basically attack me when posting info, because they thought their info was correct, even though factual documentation proved they were incorrect. (some were also trying to sell cars, that were misrepresented/deceptive, at best).  You get what you pay for on FB....nothing.

Looking back thru your posting history, people have been very encouraging to anything you posted, and tried to answer questions you've had.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, misty70 said:

Or just not use the club site at all

Walter, that is entirely up to you.  Steve and I both tried to explain that nobody was busting your stones and that the comments about the shoes in your pictures were us poking fun at a member who can't seem to get a picture posted without his feet/shoes/slippers in the post. 

To this you have responded that it is more the email notifications you are getting letting you know that someone posted a reply and that just waste your time having to go on to the site to see that reply, only to see it wasn't someone wanting to buy the part you had posted.

To that, again trying to help you out, I let you know that you may be able to turn off email notifications letting you know someone had responded.  Now to that you reply back "Or just not use the club site at all" .  Again, that is your choice.  

Joe even posted "Looking back thru your posting history, people have been very encouraging to anything you posted, and tried to answer questions you've had."  That said, it looks like this site has been very useful to you and if you are letting someone who jokingly commented on shoes in a picture bother you and no explanation or suggestion will suffice, I am not sure what we can offer you. 

Your dues were paid 8 or 9 months ago and will come due again in April.  If you were not so far into the time you had paid your dues I would offer you a refund but being 7 to 8 months into your dues payment I can't offer you a refund..  We hope you will renew but if, come your dues date, if you don't feel you want to, again, that is your choice.

Rob

• Like 6
  • Thank You! 1

Gene

I can say that I’ve seen a lot of your ads on Facebook, I’ve seen a lot of the responses that you receive. Personally I would think you would rather have a little humor injected into the conversation than deal with what you have to deal with on Facebook. But that’s just me.  I’m sorry I posted non- parts related things on your post. Good luck on the sale of your grill and any future parts. 
Dennis (Dtret). 

• Like 8

Walter (a few things) That grill looks like its in great condition and if i had a 70 i would be thinking of picking it up.

No one here was teasing you, yes there are a handful of guys that are very tight and do tease one another all day long. I am one of them. Also no one here knew your getting emails every time we post something. 

There are many options on the table but i don't think anyone really wants you to leave. The way i look at it, you just might have to sell that one part i really need.

However (not that i want to air my dirty laundry) in the last few months i had a ton of stuff go wrong in my life. and realized i cant change any of it.

So take a step back and a deep breath, and reevaluate before you do anything, we are only trying to have a little fun amongst our family here!!! I would do just about anything for this family and i am sure they would do the same for me!! 

• Like 11

I want to apologize for starting all this. I wasn't making fun of your pictures Walter, I just really like my boots which happen to be the same as yours. (Ariat)

The grill you are selling looks like a good deal for someone with a '70 that needs one. 

Again, sorry for starting the rest of this. It was unintentional as I normally don't follow the internet back and forth either. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, misty70 said:

ButHey no problem I was just in a bad mood this weekend and am over it now let's get this grill sold

Apology accepted if that was your intent.

rob

• Like 2