Waterpump - Aluminum - weeping?

snomobeelr

Yep. The water found it.

Congrats Alan, easy fix. Happy the water didn't find it somewhere else like an aluminum head. 

Did you remove the back plate from the pump ?  just curious. 

And this is why we try not to make mountains out of molehills. Simple answer right out of the gate. Bad casting, replace pump. I’m glad the problem is resolved. Next. 

• Like 3

Alan,

The tiny imperfection shown on the lower image (inside the bung) doesn't appear to be in the same location as the leak shown on the upper. Are they the same ?  Perhaps it's just the camera angle. 

waterpump1-1.thumb.jpg.4d6b14d836f66db863852a9cd269885e.jpg

WP4.thumb.jpg.af662de7cd7c478a262c52c5d32dc346.jpg

I've seen this on cast steel water pumps on factory new cars back in the day down south. Can you say foreign factory blemishes ? Man, I'm hoping my aluminium water pump on my BBC doesn't do that. I hope Joe can help me out.👍

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

. I hope Joe can help me out.👍

Absolutely Jim, you know I'm here for anything you (or any other member) need.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

Joe,

Does that include winning lotto numbers ????

LOL !!

If you cut me in for 50%, sure!  😄

• Like 1

Another hijacked thread 😁.

Hard to reign it in, when it's the 'Moderators' doing it most of the time...:confused2::k

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Another hijacked thread 😁.

Hard to reign it in, when it's the 'Moderators' doing it most of the time...:confused2::k

I know you’re not suggesting that it’s me? 

• Haha 1

Boy, if is what retirement is going to offer, I'm going to join a different club ( shoot, said that out loud), now I forget what we were talking about😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott S. said:

Isn't that why we all bought Monte Carlos as retirement projects ???

Easy to work on, easy to get in and out of, and classy ?? lol

Nope I bought mine 11 years before I retired after I got rid of my junk 64 chevelle.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, I did take the backing plate off. But Im not going any further. Too much effort and It was definitely weeping from that Spot in the pictures.  

I took Joe T's advice and called Edelbrock. I was sent to the warranty department and sent pictures. The manager saw the pictures and said if I had the original purchase Receipt they might be able to help me out.  Couldn't find the receipt with my others and summit online didn't go back that far. I asked my wife to check Amazonin case  I had her get it from there...  Such Luck !!!! she found the receipt !!!!!!  The only one thing I didn't realize. I purchased it in 2012 for $220.00.  Holy Crap 12 years ago !!!! Time Flies. 

I sent it anyway and they called me. Said they'd like to help but it being 12 years ago I purchased it they couldn't replace it for free.  But because it appeared to be a flaw in the casting if I got another one they would give me $100.00 off and no shipping so I ordered a new water pump  from them for $277.66

Thank You everyone !!!

waterpump 10.jpg

• Like 3

That's good news Alan, thanks for the update! 

• Like 1