Grass cutting !!!! Or honey I shrunk the kids

8 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Yea not sure if I'll be able to do mine before I leave next week for myrtle Beach. Oh well it'll be there when I get back.

Enjoy have a safe trip

• Thank You! 1

I got two cuts in so far. But you’d never be able to tell. I don’t see another coming anytime soon as we are in the ending stage of 3 plus inches of rain. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I got two cuts in so far. But you’d never be able to tell. I don’t see another coming anytime soon as we are in the ending stage of 3 plus inches of rain. 

One cut done, same here though, couldn't tell by the way it grew. Rain last two days, all this weekend, a couple sunny days, then all rain. There were already deep water spots in various parts of the yard, not even going near that mess.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dtret said:

One cut for me !! Don't see another cut for me .for awhile.  Had 3 inches of rain a week ago now 2 inches last night

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jft69z said:

One cut done, same here though, couldn't tell by the way it grew. Rain last two days, all this weekend, a couple sunny days, then all rain. There were already deep water spots in various parts of the yard, not even going near that mess.

Same here 1 cut.....

I must be a gluten for punishment I finished up my 3rd cut a week ago and it needs it again. My rain gauge is only showing about .7" of liquid snow and I have not emptied it in the last week. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can fire up the trusty Kubota and get my fourth in. Meanwhile I have gotten the headers bolted up but ran into a snag putting the ac bracket over the headers. I took it off OK but one of the brackets must have shrunk because I cannot get the front bolt into the head it is setting about an 1/8" low ??? do not know why because it came off very easily unless the head is taller but everything else has lined up perfectly. Oh well I needed a break anyhow.

• Like 4

️ days and days. Finally a little sunshine ☀️ this weekend. Getting the bush hog out!. Mower only good up to a foot tall. Geez. 

Rain scheduled again tomorrow. Got 3 mows in now and will begin again in about a week. Meanwhile there’s plenty of trimming. I’ve got a fair amount of slope which can’t be done with the ride on, so it’s a combo of weed whacker and 21” rotary mower. I’m in a high fire zone out here in California and this year the rules are stricter. I’ve always been pretty anal about brush clearance so there have never been any issues with the FD. Fortunately I’ve got State Farm which by the  way is no longer writing home owner policies in California. I pay only $3800/yr. Where some people I know are about 9k if they haven’t been canceled. Don’t get me started on this years gopher+ground squirrel population either. I’ll be checking traps shortly. Haven’t done crap to the Monte, too busy. As I’ve said before, “this place will either keep me in some kind of shape or it’ll kill me.

• Like 2

The he11 with the mowing our lawn, I am starting to build an Ark.  It will need to be large enough to fit my Model A and Monte in along with our kids and grandkids.  

I have been able to cut our grass once.  Now the hedges need trimmed too.  This yard work stuff is going to be cutting into my car cruise activities soon.  Plus I need to bring the Monte here to the house so I can get the oil and filter changed and the new plugs, plug wires, points and condenser installed and check everything out in prep of the car cruise season and of course the Eastern Meet.

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cut my front yard partially once but had to stop because it's too wet. When I pulled my zero turn out of my shed I knew I was in trouble when I got it stuck 20 ft. from the door. Problem with zero turn they do not have a solid rear axle like a tractor and wet grass is your enemy. 😕

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 502ci said:

Cut my front yard partially once but had to stop because it's too wet. When I pulled my zero turn out of my shed I knew I was in trouble when I got it stuck 20 ft. from the door. Problem with zero turn they do not have a solid rear axle like a tractor and wet grass is your enemy. 😕

Yep. All day every day. 

• Like 3

I see i am the odd ball again!!!  The guys were here once to do a mow, clean up and fertilize.  They did a good job, although its time to cut again in spots. They told me they wouldn't be back until May first, so i might hit that 1 ft mark also. 

However there was a new guy on the blower back pack machine, and now i need a new door on my 10 day in my possession trailer. A conversation that eventually went my way as it was a dead end for him! Don't tell Glen!! lol

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, jft69z said:

Same here ....never ending...with this rain all at once 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

The he11 with the mowing our lawn, I am starting to build an Ark.  It will need to be large enough to fit my Model A and Monte in along with our kids and grandkids.  

I have been able to cut our grass once.  Now the hedges need trimmed too.  This yard work stuff is going to be cutting into my car cruise activities soon.  Plus I need to bring the Monte here to the house so I can get the oil and filter changed and the new plugs, plug wires, points and condenser installed and check everything out in prep of the car cruise season and of course the Eastern Meet.

rob

Nice !!! Got the Monte !!! Fresh oil and filter

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

rob

I know where you coming from Rob, thought it was to clear up starting this evening, here. And then we get a tornado Warning ⚠️ while trying to eat.. ended up tornatic two counties from us and came right thru here but no tornado 🌪️.. shew . Spared again . 🙏… but we did get lots of lightning ️ Rain of course, and Pea size hail.. Monte in garage. IMG_2801.thumb.jpeg.16ee0370aa4129fb9ac56eeb91a1e874.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, willie said:

I see i am the odd ball again!!!  The guys were here once to do a mow, clean up and fertilize.  They did a good job, although its time to cut again in spots. They told me they wouldn't be back until May first, so i might hit that 1 ft mark also. 

However there was a new guy on the blower back pack machine, and now i need a new door on my 10 day in my possession trailer. A conversation that eventually went my way as it was a dead end for him! Don't tell Glen!! lol

I promise that I won’t say a word, Willie 🤣

And no issues here maintaining the “grass” in my backyard.  Money very well spent 😎

F450D8C5-AA52-4AB5-A8EC-185C6B4B6709.png

7D0C8617-0CB3-4AFB-8336-6183C17E6223.png

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Searsman said:

I know where you coming from Rob, thought it was to clear up starting this evening, here. And then we get a tornado Warning ⚠️ while trying to eat.. ended up tornatic two counties from us and came right thru here but no tornado 🌪️.. shew . Spared again . 🙏… but we did get lots of lightning ️ Rain of course, and Pea size hail.. Monte in garage. IMG_2801.thumb.jpeg.16ee0370aa4129fb9ac56eeb91a1e874.jpeg

Glad everyone is safe

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glen said:

I promise that I won’t say a word, Willie 🤣

And no issues here maintaining the “grass” in my backyard.  Money very well spent 😎

F450D8C5-AA52-4AB5-A8EC-185C6B4B6709.png

7D0C8617-0CB3-4AFB-8336-6183C17E6223.png

What is that Glen fake grass? What happens when the dog does his business on that? Or does he go somewhere else. I taught my dog toear. go in the neighbors yard 🤣 just kidding she was good, didn't leave our yard unless she was chasing a rabbit.  But as she got older she knew she couldn't catch them so she stopped. She was my buddy I really miss her, I even brought her to a meet at Carlisle one year. 

• Like 3

Mow grass? Now? we have snow coming down. Besides it's going to be weeks until the ground is firm enough for the Ventrac Mower. 1,200 lbs of sheer terror !! I'll have to tip toe through with the push mower for awhile before I can let the big dog out on it !!gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

What is that Glen fake grass? What happens when the dog does his business on that? Or does he go somewhere else. I taught my dog toear. go in the neighbors yard 🤣 just kidding she was good, didn't leave our yard unless she was chasing a rabbit.  But as she got older she knew she couldn't catch them so she stopped. She was my buddy I really miss her, I even brought her to a meet at Carlisle one year. 

Yes sir, that’s PGA endorsed turf.  I had that installed after I brought the work dog home because I got tired of repairing the grass every spring with 2 dogs destroying it over the winter.  No more muddy paws coming into the house either.

It installs over crushed lime stone/sand just like pavers and has drainage holes.  Both dogs do their business on it and it cleans up just like grass (easier actually as it’s relatively short), however it somewhat holds odor so I hit it with a deodorizer/neutralizer every so often. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Mow grass? Now? we have snow coming down. Besides it's going to be weeks until the ground is firm enough for the Ventrac Mower. 1,200 lbs of sheer terror !! I'll have to tip toe through with the push mower for awhile before I can let the big dog out on it !!gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

No more snow!!!!lol

• Like 1