headers back from the coaters

dbreese

110_1476.jpg

110_1475.jpg

110_1474.jpg

110_1478.jpg

110_1477.jpg

I was getting ready to send the headers off out of state when a friend of mine told me about a company that is about 30 minutes from the house. He had some headers done for his superformance 427 cobra. Went to his shop to check them out and they looked really good. Called the owner, Jeff Bivens, @ Armour-Clad and we talked for a while. I decided that I wanted a little change from the polished ceramic coating and went with the black. It is a little more shiny than a satin finish but not quite a gloss. The two pics, one port and one collector is gray. This is a thermal barrier coating that he uses on turbos, pistons and cylinder head combustion chambers. This will really keep the heat in the tubes to help with scavenging the exhaust and keep under-hood temps down.

The color should really set off the chevy orange block.

Hope to have them on the car in a week or so.

David

In regards to the ottoman I have added more cubic inches and cam and bumped up the CR. Still runs on pump gas though. I needed a header with a little larger primary. I don't think I will lose any bottom end and may gain a little at the top. laugh

If any of you guys are interested in reaching out and talking with Jeff for coating services let me know.

Take care,

David

Looks like old number 8 could be fun to change out....

From the pic it does look like it would be tough to get at. I actually had the headers on the car prior to them being coated and with angled plug heads they are all easy to get to. This is with standard length NGK' plugs. Wire routing was not an issue either.

David

Looks nice! I do have to mention that I have not seen a set of headers with a gap in the mounting flange like that.

Hi Mike,

In regards to gap in the flange that was I mod I made to aid in installation. This made it simple to mount the header to the head without having to mess with the dipstick tube. The tube was a very tight fit and I didn't want to remove it fearing that I might break the tube off flush with the block ( that would be bad) and re-install for fear it would not seal properly. The gap would have no effect on the flange sealing to the port.

Take care,

David

Originally Posted By: amsterdam84
Looks nice! I do have to mention that I have not seen a set of headers with a gap in the mounting flange like that.

Hi Mike,

In regards to gap in the flange that was I mod I made to aid in installation. This made it simple to mount the header to the head without having to mess with the dipstick tube. The tube was a very tight fit and I didn't want to remove it fearing that I might break the tube off flush with the block ( that would be bad) and re-install for fear it would not seal properly. The gap would have no effect on the flange sealing to the port.

Take care,

David

Thanks for letting me know! Didn't realize the DS tube would interfere.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh dang... I think the FGMCC needs to host a Pinks All Out "Otto Man Edition" rofl You up to the challenge?

Heck yea Arsin!!!! I may have to put a cage on it to pass tech though!!!! kicking

David

They look great...but at first they looked blue to me....lol... I guess it's the reflextion off the couch smile

Thanks Steve!!

Ya'll did some great work on Al's car. Can't wait to see both of your rides up and running.

David