Restored my rally wheels

Finally pulled them out of the garage and redid them. Came out alright. Anybody need some rally wheel paint? I bought two cans and ended up needing only one.

1302719887.jpg

1302719886.jpg

1302719888.jpg

1302719889.jpg

Mine are looking a bit worn and I'd like to redo them pretty soon. I'm considering going with a little darker gray than stock as I've always liked that look. It would also be very easy to correct if I decided I didn't like the look.

Your wheels look great. Is the extra can you have the correct argent color?

I just painted up a set of 8 inch rallys for my 72 also. Getting new 245/60/15 BFG tires mounted this weekend... It's like Christmas!

They look great! Nothing better than a fresh paint on rally wheels, well, new tires look great with fresh paint on rally wheels.

Bruce

Mine are looking a bit worn and I'd like to redo them pretty soon. I'm considering going with a little darker gray than stock as I've always liked that look. It would also be very easy to correct if I decided I didn't like the look.

Your wheels look great. Is the extra can you have the correct argent color?

VHT Chevy Rally wheel silver is the name of it. It has like metallic flakes in it that was flying in the air while spraying it.

Looking good...you are gonna need new trim rings and caps to go with them now... grin
I've got some brand new trim rings and some nice centers also. I'm going to let them dry and then get the tires put on. I'll take more pics then.. Thanks for the compliments guys...... Rodney

Rodney,

The wheels look great. You may want to put one more coat on them with the second can. Either that or keep it to use for touching them up as needed.

Rob

They're nice, but they'll be even nicer on the car. We need to see it. smile

Dan

You know Dan I need to see that too. It will happen one day.

Looks great! I need to redo mine one of these days. I was actually thinking of going body color when I redo them...

Looks great! I need to redo mine one of these days. I was actually thinking of going body color when I redo them...
I think that would look great with that color you have.

They look great Rodney!!!!

But save your hubcaps...you know they are a one year only option for the Monte so keep them safe!

Steve

Wow I didn't know that I thought someone had just put them on there. I had never seen those on a Monte before. Which year were they optioned?

I beleive those hub caps were an option in 71. They were also available in 72 with the Custom package. It's pretty rare to see them on a Monte these days. They are similar to the ones available on the Corvette aronud that time also.