Maiden Voyage made today

dbreese

Finally after more than a year and a half I got he car back on the road. Needed to break in the ring and pinion along with some stop and go driving through town. Ambient air temp was around 95 degrees and the car never got any hotter than 185 degrees. Oil pressure hot was 40 psi at idle. Car ran great and I bliped the throttle a few times. WOW the car just jumps and hikes up the front end.

When I got home and open the hood I saw the drip of brake fluid from the back of the master cylinder. So I'm off to NAPA to pick up a new one. This master cylinder has been on the car since I got it back on the road in 1997. I think I got my moneys worth.

Still got some more shakedown runs make but I'm getting real close to getting the car to the track.

It has been a long hard road in getting my heap back on the road but man it felt great to finally get it back on the street.

David

Congrats on being back on the road, it is a great feeling. Will probably take a few miles to shake out the bugs. I'm on blocks right now and am looking forward to seeing the road again. Pics?

Brake fluid leak could be top lid gasket. I would rebuild what you have rather than take a chance on new, made in China junk or anything rebuilt by who knows.

Bryce

Awesome news on the maiden voyage David. Good thing and bad thing you didn't call me first on the master cylinder purchase. I would have recommended the Wilwood aluminum version. Kinda pricey but the weight savings would have gain you 2/10's easy shocklol . - Dave

That's awesome Dave. It is amazing how quickly the time flies by when they are down and you are working on them isn't it? I lost a whole year waiting on heads and honestly, the time just seemed to go by and there I was, one year later! I still feel like yours was only out of commission for 6 months or so, guess your time flies by for me too!

Congrats, on getting her back on the road. By the way Scott, when is the Camaro getting back out there? Plenty of cruise spots and the right weather is here !!!!

Hey Steve,

I have no idea? laugh. I know the car feels real strong on the street. It is way different than the way it felt with the old mill. Throttle response is wicked quick and cruise is real smooth. I hope to get it to the track in a few weeks.

David

Man Justin if it would run those kind of numbers I would be thrilled! cool. When I do make it to the track I'm going to take some guys with me ( Former super stock and stock eliminator drivers) so we can tweak on the ARB ( try to get it neutral), shock setting and tire pressure. Just gonna be a lot of trial and error. If I can get the car to launch straight and 60' well then the rest should fall into place with more seat time.

Getting closer though. I'll keep ya'll posted.

David