Little update

BowtieThunder

Well guys havent been on much all summer as it has been a VERY busy one for me.I know some of have me on FB and seen my dropped tranny issue LOL.Anyways I got into some heads up index racing.I am running in the renegade racing association which has a 8.90,10.50 & Outlaw street classes.We run at Thompson Raceway Park and run on a .400 protree.Next year they are adding a 9.90 class.They usually get 20+ 10.50 cars for a 16 car field.I ran in 3 of the race didnt make the cut the first race but qualified the next 2 I ran.Anyhow here is my October story.... I broke my trans reinstalling it middle of september I had pulled the tranny because car wasnt running the way I thought it should and wanted it checked and missed a 10.50 race on the 16thof Sept.I got trans back in car and we went to Norwalk for the No_box 3 day race weekend Sept 30-Oct 2 and needless to say the weather sucked, rained Thursday and rained off and on Friday cancelling Friday's race. We woke up to Rain in the morning on Saturday but it stopped but stayed over cast all day.They did get the track dried and we raced saturday evening.We only ran 1/8th mile so when we raced Sunday we ran 1/8mil Again car was running 6.70's consistently so I went 3 rounds Sunday.Here is a Pic from Sunday taken by JohnBoy Pictures he shoots at thoumpson

DSC_5904.jpg

Pretty good shot car, was sixtying pretty consistent mid 1.4's

Anyways I was happy the way the car was running and figure it would of been in the low 10.70 range if we would of been running 1/4mi.. So in reality nothing was wrong with transmission.I did ended up strapping front end down which I felt helped

I was looking forward to running the renegade race the following weekend but.....

On Our trip home we got a call my Father-n-law was rushed to emergency.... My wife jumped out of the RV and got int the car with our son and they took off to get the hospital.

It was a rough week and My Father-n-law Passed Late wednesday night.When Friday Rolled around the wife told me and my son to go racing.... our son was very close to his grandpa and was taking it hard and she thought it would do him good to get away for the day and get his mind off things.We went to the track Friday night and camped out..We had a BEAUTIFUL day for racing SUNNY and mid 70's on Saturday. Gorgeous day.My son ran his car on the street class and helped me.Anyways I qualified 10th in the field with a 10.64.I was spraying the car with a 200 shot and playing the stripe.I was bringing the Nitious in with a RPM switch Was leaving on 2 step at 4800 NOS in at 5200 and shifting at 6500... normally shift at 7000.Well with the way the car was running and the numbers the car was probably running in the mid to high 10.30 range if I would of stayed in it

1st round I raced my buddy who is deadly in the 10.50 class..I mean deadly.Well we ran and I pushed him out.. he went 10.42 to my 10.44 and I won by breaking out the least... we kicked off the show and were first pair out... heres the video so Enjoy smile

Round1

2nd round I ran a duster and I won running a 10.576 to his 10.565 Margin of Victory was .0006.I was running these guys down around 800 ft and palying the stripe

Round2

You can here my son in these videos... they are from his HTC Thunderbolt..Anyways I was getting alot of support from my friends and competitors to keep it up keep going so onto

3rd round this round I ran a 10.506 betting the 55's 10.55 and I won and going to the finals.

Round3

The finals pits me against a 67 camaro....I staged first and get on the Transbrake a little early as you can tell...I was pumped and didnt want to be late on the tree.I was stoked and told my father-n-law lets do this after I did my burn out..I felt he was with me all day and knew after getting my ticket he was //We took off and ran down side by side and just like always played the stripe and it worked again for me as we crossed the stripe after what seemed like 3 secs my win light lite on the guardrail..I just one my first ever major racein the 20+ yrs of racing... and to do it after my Father-n-laws passing was very emotional to say the least..You can here it in my sons Voice after I get the win light......When I came up the return road my friends and competitors were waiting had what seemed like 15-20 on the stands and about 10 next too the ticket booth to congratulate me...it was great... What I didn't realize was how IO actually won and knew I had help as you just can do that without help...I won the race and I ran 10.5005.....I won running a 10.50 with a zero DEAD ON perfect pass in most people eyes...It was crazy......UNBELIEVEABLE

Finals

I just wanted to share this with you all

GOD BLess You Rick... That day at the track with all my friends was just what we needed.

I just had to share with you all

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul;

I love your car. Thanks for sharing.

Our thoughts and prayers for your family for your loss. I know we just lost my wifes mother here lately and it is a real trying time.

Blue Thunder runs so good. Someday I might get mine to that level.

Sorry to hear about your Father-in-law.

Very happy for you on the wins, nice videos... 2beers

Oh, and I do love the look of your tubbed out Monte... cool

Sorry to hear about the passing of your father-in-law Paul. My condolences to you and your family.

Congrats on the racing. Car is looking as awesome as ever in the pic. Wish I could open those vids but for some reason I can't view them. As stated before, your car has an excellent look about it as well as being fast.

Looks like we could get some good heads up racing between some members if we could get get them in the same location. Maybe some day. - Dave

My condolences to you and your family. The Monte speaks for itself,,what a beauty! Your Father-in-law definitely riding shotgun & no doubt a huge inspiration. Thanks for sharing the videos. Congrats!! cool

Paul, Sorry to hear of your father in law passing. My condolences to you and your family. I'm glad your car is running well and you and your son are enjoying drag racing.

Hearing your son after the final made me shed a tear. Sorry for the other stuff you have going on; but nice that you were able to find something spiritual about it.

Blue thunder becomes Godspeed.

• 5 months later...

Well guys its 2012 and its time to do a repaint.Well finally got my new fender sand blasted and did some minor bodywork on it over the last couple weeks.Decided I needed to get moving so tonight swapped the fender out , now when I get back from Charlotte next weekend will get started on the minor body work needed on rest of car and try to get it painted before the first race in the renegade series on May 26th.If all goes well should have it painted by then

Enjoy

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well she has a fresh coat of Paint on her... got some wet sanding and Buffing todo over the next couple days

Might have to repaint some stuff will see how it looks after its all buffed...I can already see some stuff through the paint ... didnt get enough color on the Patch work I did but I think over all will look good

I will post some pictures here shortly... trying to get the car ready for our first 10.50 race of the year at Thompson raceway Saturday