FENDERS ?

jacob

Where do you buy 1972 monte carlo fenders I looked at opgi's catalog but there was only quarter panels and inner fenders.

I dont need theem now but in a year or two I might need them.

jacob

No reproduction fenders are made. If you buy a Monte with fenders that are beyond repair, don't be surprised to spend $1,000+ to find a pair of decent used fenders and even those may still need some body work. You are better off buying a car that has good fenders in most cases.

Well the car I am looking at has a good body or as far as I know right now. So far I dont think I Will need to get new fenders any time soon. If and when I need them I will really crack down on it.

Doesn't Leo do fenders? Someone chime in here but I thought he did and my plans are to get both of mine from Leo when I do my paint and body again....

There are lower fender patch panels for the area behind the wheel well. Thats about it. Fenders are out there. Ditto to what Sam said. $$$$$$$

The patch panels are terrible. That is what I did and would never ever ever never do that again. Worst part of my car if you ask me.

Why were the patch panels so bad and whos Leo ? Also I will be at the upcoming eastern met so I will get my dad to bring the truck. Hope fully I will come home with parts or a car.

Jacob - Leo is Leo Konik of Konik's Klassics. He knows all there is to know about FGMCs. Just click on the "Parts and Services" link at the top of the FGMCC forum page and you'll find another link to Leo's website.

The contours on the patch panels are not even close to the actual fender contours so you will need to do a lot of "massaging" to get them to line up with the doors and all your trim.

The contours on the patch panels are not even close to the actual fender contours so you will need to do a lot of "massaging" to get them to line up with the doors and all your trim.

Not sure what make you used but the ones that I got from Leo fit great!!

DSC01313.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

DSC02137.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

i got mine from leo also and had good results.

"Leo" being the common theme here. I didn't know about Leo when I did mine so...... they fit not great.

Where do you buy 1972 monte carlo fenders I looked at opgi's catalog but there was only quarter panels and inner fenders.

I dont need theem now but in a year or two I might need them.

jacob

How bad are your fenders? I was just in NC today buying a bunch of parts. If only rust at bottom fix them, if not I have some in the $50-100 range.