Got to the Dyno today

CrazyDavey

Took the Chevelle's new motor to the dyno today, it did really good. Started right up, no issues, no drama, everything worked perfect....did 25 pulls, played with jetting, air bleeds and timing....I extremely happy with the results...here's the sheet....

scan00016.jpg

nothing radical, 11 to 1 and a hyd roller.....lot's of detail block and head work by Scott Foxwell...Chris Straub did the cam..... grin

Congratulations, Dave!! That thing is a beast!

I remember the "good ole days" when 1 Hp per Cubic Inch was considered exceptional engine performance. You're pulling 50% more than that with no pressure or juice! If an engine is just an air pump, your's is pumping mighty well.

When will you know what it will do in a quarter mile?

Davey - I've been reading the posts on the Chevelle board and its really cool seeing this thing come together.

A big Congrats to you and the others involved.

I saw your came specs and I'm floored that you are over 750 hp with 244 duration and 650 lift!!!

Can you run pump gas with 11:1?

Hey thanks everyone, I'll still buzzed about it..way exceeded my expectations....the car will make it's debut at Vegas in a couple of weeks, it will be down on power because of the altitude but hopefully it will still run good.

Mike, yes it will run on pump gas, it made 746hp @ 6100 and 720 ft lbs @ 4800 with only 32 degree of timing.... wink..it also has a nice tight quench to help with that...

Holy Moly Batman, Davey's got a real monster on his hands! How many cubes did you say you have? It must be either cubes, or the bump in compression over mine that puts you a 100hp over me, or just a better built mill. Congrats and I hope once installed the whole car is everything YOU envisioned it to be.

Davey - you are running AFR 305s..... Were you running those before? Do you have the flow bench numbers of the heads? What total timing made the best HP?

I know this is for bracket racing. How do you think it would run on the street? The specs seem tamer than what a lot of the other Chevelle guys run.

Hey guys....Greg, it's a 11 to 1 motor, up about a point from where it was...we took it 30 over to clean up the bore alignment, it went from 502 to 509...I think the majority of the power came from the clean up of the heads, intake and the blueprint work on the short block...Scott Foxwell is a detail freak!! We decided that's what this build was going to be about..the details..we really didn't change the spec's much at all...

thanks Ken!!

Mike, yes these are the same AFR heads I was running before. The builder Scott Foxwell spent a lot of time detailing them, cleaning up the flow and improving the velosity. This motor is very tame compared to a typical 760hp BBC build, it would behave fine on the street....

Now that's what I'm talking about. When do you want to do the Monte? You still have time before our season starts up here. Great numbers. I need to get serious on that engine top end upgrade. Good luck in a couple weeks. You will do well. Congrats

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Davey, Well to start you are a whole point higher in compression than me and you have 20 more cubes than I do. It also sounds like buying the as cast 305 heads and having a guru port/polish them doing his magic is a better wat to go than buying the the 315CNC ported version that I have. You make me want to bump up the compression and have someone who is in the know trick my heads out and see what I can come up with, but since I'm not going racing anymore I have to stick with what I have and tone my mill down some time later on to make it more of a street car and less of a drag car. Once again, awesome numbers. If you get this beast to hook up no one will ever be able to wipe the grin off your face.