Inner Fender Wells?

Im in the process of finshing up the little minor minor things on my 71 monte. Im 18 ive had this car since 8th grade and have been putting every dime i made into it since to bring it back to a beauty queen. I got the car about 90% done when i got my liscence. Now over the winter im doing the all the finishing touches such as the emblems trim etc. My inner fender wells are old and brittle im looking to get new ones, i did see metal inner fenders in a monte at a show, i would perfer to get them but i cant seem to find them anywhere? I found the plastic ones but they are $225 + $100 shipping. If anyone knows a place where i can get cheaper ones or metal ones that would be great. Im trying to have everything done and looking good for the wildwood nj bordwalk carshow in may. any help is appreciated. [img:center]http://monte.jpg[/img]

Metal ones were available in Chevelles. Available in many places but must do a search under Chevelle instead of Monte. If you search Monte only the plastic will be shown.

Ausleys got 'em Plastic inner fender well

Likely the parts place, ground up restorations, summit, jegs and alike all got 'em if you search for chevelle rather than monte.

Dan

I had to file a couple of the wheel well holes and that's it. They were pretty easy to install with the fenders in place. Just jack up the front to get some working space. You'll really like them.

Dan

Here is what mine look like.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z244/ve3hzz/Monte%20Carlo/DSCN0846.jpg

I can take a close up shot for you on the weekend. I didn't install them but there metal so must be from a Chevelle. I also have the rubber splash shields to go over the a arms if I decide to install them. Brand new still in the packaging. I'd have to rivet or drill and bolt them on so not sure I want to yet. Not the greatest shot of them but you get the idea.

Scott

Hey Guys, I got mine from Year One and paid $229 for the pair, yes they are for a chevelle 1970 to be exact but Vaughn bought the exact same pair as mine and installed them in his monte and fit like a glove he said as did mine if that helps..

Darren.

Call Leo in the parts section,He has the metal ones (from canada)They fit "like a glove". If your interested in a pair of Plastic ones , send me a pm. I have a set that I did not use on my Monte Carlo and got with Leo on the metal ones.I believe these were from a parts place in Illinois.Like the Monte by the way,18 huh,I'd Die for a monte at 18,took me another 23yrs to get mine!

Yeah I love the car, I paid $1000 for the car when I got it pretty much needed everything but i saw the potiental it had and ran with it, it used to be my daily driver to highschool last year, I will have to say I did have the meanest looking car in the parking lot, its got a real lopey cam in it and twister exhaust with cut outs, it made all the ricer kids look bad thats for sure

Call Leo in the parts section,He has the metal ones (from canada)They fit "like a glove". If your interested in a pair of Plastic ones , send me a pm. I have a set that I did not use on my Monte Carlo and got with Leo on the metal ones.I believe these were from a parts place in Illinois.Like the Monte by the way,18 huh,I'd Die for a monte at 18,took me another 23yrs to get mine!

PM sent

• 1 year later...

I need to order inner fenders for 71 monte and would like metal ones. Im in Canada. My understanding is that 71-72 Chevelle ones will fit. will 70 Chevelle ones fit? Leo is part section where? year one? thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a pair from ausley chevelle a year or two ago, I went to put them on and 6 holes would not line up, spent 4 to 6 hours redrilling, because i could not send them back. They we re made by dynacorn. Another member bought his 10 years ago and they fit right from ausley. I bought a pair from leo last month.He said they we re made in canada and from amd company. 4 holes we re off but they fitted good enough not to send back. On the bubble wrapping it said made in tawian. Only good part i got from tawain was the dii review mirror and sun visor supports. Rest of the tawian and china stuff is junk.I did a ground up restoration last two years and just stay away from tawian parts when you can.If i did it over i would just by the plastic inners because everyone on here is happy with those.I wasn't happy redrilling and having to remount both inners about 30 times to ream out holes and redrill spots that we re not even close. Live and learn. By oem nos if you can.I must of just gotten bad ones or something...

You are not the only one disappointed with the cheap metal inner wheel wells. When I put them on I did not have to do any drilling but after 2 years of every day driving they rusted badly from inside out and basically fell apart. I even painted the under side with Chassis Saver paint and then undercoated them. I painted the tops with Dupont base/clear. It really had nothing to do with the paint. It is the cheap steel that they make them out of. I will try the plastic ones next time...

I bought my Metal inner fender wells from www.shermanparts.com

I had no issues with mounting them up. I had my local Automotive Painter Supply Shop get them for me. Didn't have to pay any shipping through them. Looks like there around $109 pc. Under Chevelle.

hey big tank, how long ago did you order yours? seems like when someone says theirs fit, i end up with something differnt lol must be my car is 72 special lol because tawain inner fenders didnt fit, made in tawain chrome remote mirror didn't fit , hooker headers didn't fit. ect... i have another monte to build, it would be nice to have metal inners that aren't made in tawain. let me know the part number and how long ago you got them, i will get a set for my other car to see how they fit. Thanks for the info. i see part number 6264843 and 3992604 fender liner? thats the one? did it say made in china or usa when you got them in?

mine came from sherman too, had to work on a few holes, but not too bad

the set on my '71 came from Leo, I think the Canadian ones, had to work a few holes on them too

Glad to see someone say had to work a few holes lol, I have a feeling my passenger fender maybe had alittle bit of a bow in it to not line up as good as the drivers side. But the two lower big holes for the lower brace was not close and drilled new holes. had to ream out the two top holes some , in order for the inner well to slide over alittle to be able to get a screw hole lined up. after all that nightmare, it seems to have made a pinch in the edge of my fender, but the moulding will cover that up, hopefully.... my other monte is low mileage straight body. i will give the sherman ones a shot on that car. If i run into a problem i will deff update this post and return them under 30 days or whatever. i,m into metal inner for 450 plus shipping, so if you have doubts, then buy plastic ones people have been saying fit like a glove.mine fit like a glove that was too small for my hand.

hey scott, how long ago did you buy yours? Please everyone let us know when they bought their metal inners. I know i got a bad set of dynacorn, but AMD wasn't one hole off either. AMD was off 6 holes on passenger and 4 holes on drivers. Time to get alittle more investigation on this subject lol i bought the dynacorn year and half ago. #cv3006r 68-72 inner fender RH lot# 1104AQ , I bought the AMD a month ago.# AMD 1264 71-72 chevelle ft inr GM14036cl AMD inner was thicker metal. Both said made in taiwan. Now that i am done with my build, I can find more time to put more input on these parts on here.Give back to the community so to speak lol

The ones I have were made about 3 yrs ago and fit real well. I only had to elongate a couple holes on each side. I thought that was a pretty darn good fit. Since then, I have welded up the holes to be round and not look like they were misplaced. We have to remember, the metal inner fenders are being built and marketed for the Chevelles, not Montes. At least the ones I have were, and if I remember right, one of the holes for the level ride compressor brackets was already punched and located correctly.

Dan