The Holy Grail Found!!!!!

jays55

I found a picture of the seller Ron. He is also a french model. kicking

It must be true if its on the internet rofl It sounds like he has delt with someone from this club before doubting the real deal. Imagine that a well informed buyer, every dealer hates them.

state-farm-french-model-300x253.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been collecting , restoring and salvaging parts for first gen Monte Carlos for 37 years , i was buying wrecked Montes in the mid to late 70's when i was just a young man , we have had every versions here at the shop every single rare Monte has been here , we have seen them all ,when i started buying parts cars i drove them home for 25-50 bucks , never have i ever ever unearthed even a glimpse of a 70 or 71 ss 454 manual car , no parts no pieces no motors no transmissions , i really think they would have surfaced by now , at least a hint of one , i have heard all the stories , the only one that i believe was a dealer installed a 4 speed in a 71 at the dealership ( not factory ) very easy dealer conversion that is the only story that panned out

my 10 buck worth

Leo

I'm with Leo, after 40 years if one existed (factory 4 speed OR LS-6 )it would have surfaced by now. Who ever got the car originally would have known how special it was and would have passed that info on. No one could have just wandered into the Chevy dealership and "ordered" one. Would have taken a lot of pull to get it.

I'm with Leo, after 40 years if one existed (factory 4 speed OR LS-6 )it would have surfaced by now. Who ever got the car originally would have known how special it was and would have passed that info on. No one could have just wandered into the Chevy dealership and "ordered" one. Would have taken a lot of pull to get it.

I don't know what you are talking about... I see them for sale on ebay all the time... together with the infamous 1972 SS and 1 of 6 convertibles...j/k smile

What Leo said though, being Dealer Installed proved if you had the $$$ you could get what you wanted back then even if it was installed at the dealer. Yenko cars are dealer installed cars and very special, more special than most factory built cars.

Hey Leo, you said you've seen everything over the years even rare Montes.

What would you consider the most special or rare one you've seen?

The rarest option I've seen in a Monte is the Burled Elm radio delete panel.

I would also think the headlight squirter to be a rare option although I've never seen a Monte with it.

My first 3 guesses would be the electro-tip washer control, the electric seat back release on buckets and rear shoulder harnesses.

The seat back release used a switch in the door jamb, like the dome lamp switch, and a solenoid in each seat back. The seat backs were released whenever a door was open. The standard button was also included. I bought this option several years ago on ebay from a guy that said it was from a Monte and I ended up sending it back for a refund. It was supposedly complete, but I found it had parts missing.

Dan

If you look at the rear package tray on each side, their appears to be 2 holes to have held the optional rear 3 point harness. Just like all the cars have the area and holes for the defogger and dual speakers.

Nope, the release mechanisms were completely different between buckets and bench. The only bench it was available with was Caddy Eldorado, Buick Rivera and Olds Toronado that used a split bench with our bucket seat backs and a fold down arm rest.

there are a few i can think of

3 speed column shift cars

power bucket release

power buckets and power bench fairly rare

never seen headlight squirters installed have seen pieces

fiber optic stuff

radio delete

powerglide 2 speed cars

front drum brake cars

1970 montes with 69 impala seat fabric factory installed bench only

pontiac and olds rearend factory installed ( had a 1970 ss 12 bolt posi pontiac highway miser rear end 2:56 ratio )

i am sure i could come up with a few more , i have seen some very strange things over the years parting cars out

i have a huge can of coins i have been collecting from parts cars for over 30 years weird stuff in there

and pictures from parts cars that would make Larry Flint blush

Leo

Thanks for the list Leo.

Page three of the 1970 brochure shows power disc brakes as standard. Have you seen a MC with all drums?

I know early '70 cars came with front rotors that had a separate hub.

The Impala cloth is also a new one on me-but not a surprise.

yes Sam , your 1970 had the 69 Impala cloth style seats it is a sort of paisly pattern on bench seats only not buckets , yes Paul i have seen a couple 1970 Montes with factory drum brakes , i had one of the few 1972 montes here with 3 speed manual column shift , still have the column most of the car is long gone it was real RUFF when i brought it to the retirement home

some very early 1970 montes had only one front body mount same as the chevelle seen 3 built this way all built in 1969

any smog equipment is very rare

Leo