The Holy Grail Found!!!!!

jays55

Well, the Holy Grail has been found! This 1970 SS454 Monte 4spd car on ebay;

Holy Grail Found!

Oh, never mind that it has a "fresh engine" installed and no build sheet found, he's a dealer so he must be legit confused. Plus, he's the expert who has seen TWO 454SS 4spd Montes in 26 years.....

Enjoy!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well where to start on whats wrong with this car......ummm

yeah no not even going there..... I wonder in that 26 years how many ALL Original Flint Michigan numbers matching Special order 1970 Convertibles he has seen... ??? it is real you know cause the owners manual says so...... How did Fred Flintstone say it... "What a Knucklehead"... being polite here that way Capri wont get mad at me for saying a Naughty with a bunch of these thrown in @#*!^^$!!@# for good measure.... hahahahahaha...

Darren.

Where do I start.. lol That guy is full of himself, the "epitome" of a true car salesman.

Cmon really!!

Quote:
Please don't call me or e-mail me to argue about this car being a real SS 454 4-speed car. Every SS Big Block sign, such as the dash, console, pedals, Z-Bar, hole in the firewall with correct gasket, correct hump in the tunnel, 12 bolt, steering column, etc. etc.. looks correct. For what I am going to sell this car for, it is a BARGIN! Car looks and seems solid,

Uh-uh-hummmm. More like.... W-H-A-T - I-S - O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L on that car !!

Show me anything SS454 besides the $65 emblems you can buy at www.trimparts.com and a 500rpm redline tach that came on any big block car.. No boxed rear control arms, no swaybar, no rear chock protector plates, no compressor, incorrect SS454 emblems with red 454. Thats just what I see from pics.

........ohhhh almost forgot the installed "Hurst Equipped" emblem. Likely off a buick or Pontiac. Never sen it on a Chevy.

At least it has the correct M20!

By looking at the badging on the rear it must be one of those rare Hurst Monte Carlo's built. It will be interesting to see if someone goes for it being the real deal.

Leo

Aside from the obvious incorrect designation as a "SS454 4-speed", there are a lot of things wrong with this car.

The body is in poor shape, looking at the door to fender line in the SS plate shot.

The dash bezils all have beat up chroming.

The center console wood grain looks to be contact paper just stuck on, not the burled elm it's supposed to be.

What's good about this car? Center console, buckets, no A/C.

Not a 70 steering column. Is that a Small Block shroud, it looks the same as my 350 shroud. An uninformed seller only knows as much as they have been told, it sup to him to believe who is being truthful. We could all pick it apart but to what end. It is up to a buyer to informed before buying.

Rob

I sent the seller a message. He replied:

"We don’t guarantee anything, read our disclaimer. We invite everyone to come and inspect before buying. If you are worried, it’s simple. Don’t Bid!.. GM did build some 4-speed cars…"

AND he just sent another reply:

"I know one thing For Sure. It is working, word is spreading about this car. I have gotten the whole Country stirred up, and I love it. I'm getting e-mails from all over the World! (That's why I love e-bay) Please keep talking, I'm going to sell this baby..... Thanks so much..."

AND he just sent another reply:

"I know one thing For Sure. It is working, word is spreading about this car. I have gotten the whole Country stirred up, and I love it. I'm getting e-mails from all over the World! (That's why I love e-bay) Please keep talking, I'm going to sell this baby..... Thanks so much..."

Dang, this this be a tru gret bargin, wat a umanitarian, the hole wurld is in talk about it, revolutions are hapning over this mazing deal. Scietists cant xplain it. MArtians r callin to trade der saucer forit. The reserve will be soon needing to be raise to kep the riots down... sick

Id put some rocker moldings on it if I had that SS 4 speed! That car is so rare, it deserves a set of $79 moldings, not just silver spray bomb

$(KGrHqRHJEsFDMRcvUtSBQ5Pocnrt!~~_4.JPG

$T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseFJCBQ5PrLgW(!~~_4.JPG

Looks like they used them fender patches that I bought also eek

The car is a nice project for someone but certainly not what he claims it to be. If someone wants a non-numbers match big block 4-speed with bucket seats this isn't too bad of a start but will definitely need some work (missing trim, interior work, body work, etc).

Actually, this guy is pretty smart. He never really says it's "Original".

The only thing he's lying about is it has no Compass, Interval Wipers, Trip Odometer, and that it has both a 4 speed and an automatic transmission. The only other thing I noticed as strange is the VIN lists it as both a 1971 and 1970 if I'm reading it right.

Otherwise, a 1970 454 4 speed is pretty rare to see since we don't believe GM ever made one. We're all still looking for one but so far...

It's obvious it's not original. I did like the green ashtray though.