The Holy Grail Found!!!!!

jays55

I just left a question for the seller starting with "Are you serious?". I hope bidders realize this is ridiculous. IF it was a true SS 4-speed, I think the $10,000 would be WAY LOW. I'd buy it now.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The saddest part, to me, is that the duped buyer might eventually end up on our sight and find this thread....and that's how he'll find out he was ripped off! Of course, he will return to the seller to complain and will be told about the disclaimer. The auction description is intentionally misleading and the disclaimer makes it acceptable in the sellers eyes. Sad to see how often this happens on ebay. I only hope the prospective buyers will find our sight before the auction ends......

That's why there's people in the world we need to be made aware of. People like that live in a fantasy world, they're delusional. It's a form of mental illness!! lol

The saddest part, to me, is that the duped buyer might eventually end up on our sight and find this thread....and that's how he'll find out he was ripped off! Of course, he will return to the seller to complain and will be told about the disclaimer. The auction description is intentionally misleading and the disclaimer makes it acceptable in the sellers eyes. Sad to see how often this happens on ebay. I only hope the prospective buyers will find our sight before the auction ends......

I frequently get e-mails from prospetive buyers about the Montes they want to buy...

So if you buy one and do not consult our site, your loss, thats why they call it 'informed buyer'...

All you have to type in Goggle is 1970 1971 1972 Monte Carlo and a link to our site pops right up. If you don't look at it before you buy, your fault... smile

The shame with this guy is that he KNOWS that he is being dishonest and can cover it with a "disclaimer". We get a lot of folks with honest confusion/wrong info about the cars and 99 out of 100 get it when the facts are laid out. This guy is dishonest and proud of it. Sucks!

This guy had a huge ad in the local trader papers every month. He does move a lot of muscle cars but he also gets a lot of complaints from what I hear. There is another one just like him just north of me that does the same thing but he has such a bad rep I'm told he is just barely getting by now. The third guy I know about seems to be straight up. He does sell finished cars but mainly sells bar finds and project cars. The only time I talked to him he seemed very honest about the car I was looking at. He even showed me before and after pics of the build. Now that is the type of guy I would deal with first if I was looking for a car.

Sorry Randy...couldn't resist. smile

Typos can be pretty funny sometimes. I see a ton of them in the newspaper biz. One of our papers in a meat ad ran a special that was to read "tender chunks of juicy chicken" and instead ran "tender chunks of juicy children" That's what happens in the newspaper biz when someone relies too heavily on spell check. It actually made in through proofreading and in to print. LOL

I was talking to my buddy today, he says he knows a guy that has a SS454, 4 speed, and has owned it since new, my buddy knows his stuff, and is in the classic car business and is a monte buff too, he is going to call the guy and try to get us proof that one does exist. Like I told him....we just want to be able to prove it, we have never found one that could be proven to be a original 4 speed confused

I was talking to my buddy today, he says he knows a guy that has a SS454, 4 speed, and has owned it since new, my buddy knows his stuff, and is in the classic car business and is a monte buff too, he is going to call the guy and try to get us proof that one does exist. Like I told him....we just want to be able to prove it, we have never found one that could be proven to be a original 4 speed confused

I assume we're looking for a verifiable, authentic Build Sheet with LS5, M20/21/22 and Z20 RPO codes on it? Other than that, is there any other known way to verify a factory built SS 4-speed?

I have spoken to one of the keepers of the Muscle Car City collection which contains a '71 Monte SS 4-speed who admits theirs is not an authentic factory build and says that none were. It will, indeed, be interesting to see what your friend can produce in the way of proof.

I've always kept an open mind on things like this, including the LS6. Truth is if you had the $$, you could have bought what you wanted back then, whether it was installed down the assembly line or not, even if the dealer put it in and if that was documented it was still be special.

Originally Posted By: Sam (Bones)

I assume we're looking for a verifiable, authentic Build Sheet with LS5, M20/21/22 and Z20 RPO codes on it? Other than that, is there any other known way to verify a factory built SS 4-speed?

I have spoken to one of the keepers of the Muscle Car City collection which contains a '71 Monte SS 4-speed who admits theirs is not an authentic factory build and says that none were. It will, indeed, be interesting to see what your friend can produce in the way of proof.

The Protect-o-plate should show the engine code for a 454 Manual...

Since this thread started, I had four people emailing me swearing that they owned a 4 speed SS... smile

a lot of people think it's a SS because it has bucket seats and gauges....probably 402/350 cars....