My first car....

I finally found and scanned a photo of the first car I had when I was 17. This photo was taken in 1981. Notice my house in the background? It was a 72 Chevelle with a done up 327 etc. It was fast and fun.

Also, a pic of my Monte taken almost 10 years earlier shortly after my Uncle bought it.....sitting in almost the same spot. :)

post-791-0-56009400-1481248356_thumb.jpg

post-791-0-31214200-1481248360_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I love then and now pictures of our old cars.

I think you may be the one that gave me the idea to take a picture in front of my Mom and Dad's home, now owned my niece, of my 71 black Monte.

• Like 1

Wish I had pictures of my first car (a 1970 MC).  Unfortunately when I was younger I was not a very sentimental person and (it now seems) nothing mattered much to me.  Now, a man in my fifties, I am trying to find that same car (well a twin...not the same exact car) so that I can recapture some of the youth I let escape without paying proper attention.  I know it is true what they say that you can never go back but I certainly hope I can at least relive some of the memories with a bit more reverence.

• Like 1

My first car was a 55 Buick Special. It was black but I cannot really remember the interior except that it had some gray and black. The left quarter panel had been damaged and someone took flat black spry can and painted it after they had beat out the majority of the dents. That good old dynaflo transmission was very slow in getting up to speed but would run 90 all day. Well 90 all day until the head gasket blew. Coming home from Ft. Wayne IN one friday night I blew past Marion IN doing 85 or 90 and by the time I got 20 miles down the road I was flying at a whole 30MPH. Got off of the interstate and the motor died never to run again for me. It would turn over and try to fire but no ignition. Cannot find any photos of the car.

My first car was a 48 chevy stlyemaster coupe had it painted 57 chevy harbor blue, M y mother help me re do the interior with blue and white corduroy. Its the only pre 50 chevy that had a factory rear window wiper, vacuum lines running all the way that I have seen. Also had the famous vacuum assitt shifting, that didn't last long .J C.whitney had a kit for less than three dollars to eliminate that. The guy I bought it from had gone to Korean and didn't have anti freeze cracked the block purchased a motor out fo wrecked 52 cheve with powerglide so I had little bigger engine. Oh,by the way I gave 100. Dollars for car in 1959

yorkies,

Got any pictures?

Do you ever wish you still had that vehicle?

I assume it was a 235?

Bruce

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was 5 when my Dad bought a 72 Chevelle.  I grew up in that car.  My Dad LOVED that car.  Had it repaired and drove it even after a stop sign runner t-boned him and the insurance company "totalled" it. 

Keep those old pics a comin. - Dave

ps - My first car was ALMOST a 1976 Cutlass S.  My dad said "no way".  He knew how much trouble I would have gotten into.  In hind sight,... I do have a lead foot and do love me some speed. :shifter:

• Like 1

My older brother's first vehicle was our grandfathers 1937 Dodge pick up that Gottfried purchased new in 1937.

post-76-0-71232600-1481721243_thumb.jpg

My brother still has it, now with a larger in-line flat head 265 Cu In Chrysler engine with dual carbs, split exhaust manifold and a T-5 5 speed trans.

post-76-0-11451100-1481721402_thumb.jpg

post-76-0-71629500-1481721515_thumb.jpg

This is the first vehicle I drove as a kid. Good times!

Bruce

I don't have any pictures (wish I did) but my first car was a 1971 Ford Maverick Grabber.  I was 14 and couldn't yet drive but I bought the car, which was pretty much junk, with money I had saved from mowing grass and delivering papers.  I had hoped my dad and I could fix it up for when I could drive.  Unfortunately, the car was to far gone and it turns out my father was not capable of performing miracles like I had thought :grin:.

So the first car I had that I could actually drive was a 1970 Monte Carlo.  It was silver with a black vinyl top, had the bucket seats with the floor shifter and the big block (402).  I just recently started a search to find a restored or restorable version of that car and have found one that I hope to have in my garage in the next few days at which point I will have pictures :grin:  :grin:    

I don't have any pictures (wish I did) but my first car was a 1971 Ford Maverick Grabber.  I was 14 and couldn't yet drive but I bought the car, which was pretty much junk, with money I had saved from mowing grass and delivering papers.  I had hoped my dad and I could fix it up for when I could drive.  Unfortunately, the car was to far gone and it turns out my father was not capable of performing miracles like I had thought :grin:.

So the first car I had that I could actually drive was a 1970 Monte Carlo.  It was silver with a black vinyl top, had the bucket seats with the floor shifter and the big block (402).  I just recently started a search to find a restored or restorable version of that car and have found one that I hope to have in my garage in the next few days at which point I will have pictures :grin:  :grin:    

Good luck with the purchase!  Silver with black top was the car that I saw while riding my bike as a kid, and I thought it was one of the coolest cars ever with that roof line and fender bulges......

My first car was a 48 chevy stlyemaster coupe had it painted 57 chevy harbor blue, M y mother help me re do the interior with blue and white corduroy. Its the only pre 50 chevy that had a factory rear window wiper, vacuum lines running all the way that I have seen. Also had the famous vacuum assitt shifting, that didn't last long .J C.whitney had a kit for less than three dollars to eliminate that. The guy I bought it from had gone to Korean and didn't have anti freeze cracked the block purchased a motor out fo wrecked 52 cheve with powerglide so I had little bigger engine. Oh,by the way I gave 100. Dollars for car in 1959

yeah I sure do wish I had it back,or even a picture would be nice.

yeah I sure do wish I had it back,or even a picture would be nice.