70 high school car I totaled in 80. Been in storage 41 years

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

That doesn’t look totaled to me. Looks like a great car. More pics please. I as well as others on the group love this stuff. 

Underneath is destroyed.  So I put a new frame in 

That's pretty cool, glad you saved it all those years and brought it back to life!

• Like 1

It is looking great.  How did you damage the undercarriage without totaling the body.  Glad you are working toward bringing her back to road worthy.  Where did you keep the car all of these years while it was waiting to come back to life.

rob

Thanks for the pictures. Nice collection of other cars- and trucks also. It’s pretty well noted that most of the group are car(truck) people. We enjoy them all. I normally don’t speak for others but in this case I think it’s ok. Lol. 

• Like 1

Hey Greg and welcome to the club!!!!   I didnt see where it was totaled either but noticed the tire and then some was missing. Glad you saved her and i love that color combo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willie said:

Hey Greg and welcome to the club!!!!   I didnt see where it was totaled either but noticed the tire and then some was missing. Glad you saved her and i love that color combo.

Yes the right front A-frame hanger was ripped out also the foot box and that frame area where the double  body bolts are was crushed. So had to replace the frame. 

10 hours ago, willie said:

Yes right front suspension and frame damage.   And thanks. 

4 minutes ago, 70 turquoise said:

👍

Awesome. Where in Texas are you? I’m in north East Texas. Would love to find some Texas First Gen Monte folks. 

My '72 had the same damage. I think they put a big block chassis under it. A pillar, B pillar damage as well. It's got the 3/8" fuel line. Nice looking'71 you got there. I also have a'65 Chevelle  that's waiting for me to restore. Had it since '85.post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

On 7/5/2021 at 1:10 PM, 420ponies said:

My '72 had the same damage. I think they put a big block chassis under it. A pillar, B pillar damage as well. It's got the 3/8" fuel line. Nice looking'71 you got there. I also have a'65 Chevelle  that's waiting for me to restore. Had it since '85.post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

Had this since 78-79

On 7/4/2021 at 9:37 PM, Rob Peters said:

It is looking great.  How did you damage the undercarriage without totaling the body.  Glad you are working toward bringing her back to road worthy.  Where did you keep the car all of these years while it was waiting to come back to life.

rob

Had a warehouse , and filled it over the years. High school wrecks and 19 years of owning towing and recovery business,  dad managed a dealership that didn’t want muscle on their used car lot so I got first shot at them. 

Just now, 70 turquoise said:

Had a warehouse , and filled it over the years. High school wrecks and 19 years of owning towing and recovery business,  dad managed a dealership that didn’t want muscle on their used car lot so I got first shot at them. 

So curb damage in the ice , bank had sprinklers on or broke pipe in December.  To fast around corner.  Ripped under body.  

3 minutes ago, 70 turquoise said:

On 7/4/2021 at 9:37 PM, Rob Peters said:

rob

Yes. Getting back in your HS car after 41 years with 454/400/9inch 3:50’s  should be a blast.  Lucky for me I’m friends with most of the troopers out here.  👍👍

On 7/5/2021 at 9:09 AM, Brew said:

Awesome. Where in Texas are you? I’m in north East Texas. Would love to find some Texas First Gen Monte folks. 

Between BANDERA and kerrville.   In the sticks.  Or used to be.  Grrr