Help to ID these mirrors

monte70z20

I was told these came of a 70 Chevelle but they don't look like the bullet mirrors I've seen here in the other forums.  Anybody know what they came off of and if they'd fit the '70 - '72 Montes?  I don't see any part numbers on them.  I can upload more pics if needed.  As always any guidance much appreciated.

20211114_142306.jpg

20211114_142246.jpg

20211114_142423.jpg

Those look like Ford mirrors. Chevelle's and Monte Carlos in the United States did not have a passenger side sport mirror! Only the driver's side was available and it is a remote style mirror. 

From what I hear from our friends up north, Canada,( Hello guys and gals) The passenger side mirror is harder than hens teeth to find. 

I am pretty sure they didn't srew down from the top and were all mounted with studs and nuts. Kept a pair for 20 + years and finally threw them out on my last move 8 years ago. Now I am kicking my a##. The mirrors went along with 2 or 3 tilt floor shift colums. Hind site? 

42 minutes ago, Grant MacPherson said:

I am pretty sure they didn't srew down from the top and were all mounted with studs and nuts. Kept a pair for 20 + years and finally threw them out on my last move 8 years ago. Now I am kicking my a##. The mirrors went along with 2 or 3 tilt floor shift colums. Hind site? 

Ya if I ever see you I’ll kick you too. Lol. If we only knew then what we know now about these parts. 

10 hours ago, Grant MacPherson said:

I’m ashamed to even list some of the parts I threw out when I moved in 2003. Sometimes I think about it and it makes me sick!

• Like 1

Again, it's only ONE mirror that is factory installed. Any Chevelle parts place as well as konik,the parts place and others will have it. The aftermarket makes it now. It's usually listed for a 71-72 Chevelle SS.

On eBay there is a person who modifies a  sport mirror from another car to fit the Chevelle/ Monte Carlo passenger side. 

On 11/14/2021 at 7:00 PM, MC1of80 said:

Those look like Ford mirrors. Chevelle's and Monte Carlos in the United States did not have a passenger side sport mirror! Only the driver's side was available and it is a remote style mirror. 

From what I hear from our friends up north, Canada,( Hello guys and gals) The passenger side mirror is harder than hens teeth to find. 

Sorry, I misunderstood from your earlier post.  I thought there was a passenger side available in Canada for the Monte Carlo.

Sorry for the short, short answer... No.

Not that mount in the factory spot. Have seen for argument sake, Camaro sport mirrors mounted to the side of the doors. Personally, doesn't look right at all. 

• 3 months later...

You can still get these from Amazon … I purchased mine originally over thirty years ago… 

They are plastic and fit perfectly… the CIPA brand is the exact same as the ones on my car…. 

Ed C. 

IMG_2316 2.JPG

IMG_2317 2.JPG

47 minutes ago, monte70z20 said:

Ed:

Any chance you have a link to the Amazon site?  I could not seem to find them.  Thanks.

Try to search Amazon for CIPA 19100 mirrors … If that doesn't help let me know

Ed 

22 minutes ago, EVC said:

Try to search Amazon for CIPA 19100 mirrors … If that doesn't help let me know

Ed 

I think the chrome mirrors are p/n CIPA 19000…… 

• 9 months later...