First Gen in the spotlight

“Let’s start by diving into the exterior”…

only to be followed by nonsensical ramblings about squashing a rabbit and a world history lesson, circa 1972. 

This is the guy that got pantsed and shoved into lockers in high school on a regular basis.

That review was 25 minutes too long.

That said, what a nice Monte.  

• Like 1

Now I'm really wanting my Monte Red! Nice Monte to "Cruise", that is what I like about the 1st Gen , High Performance Cruiser. Big Block too boot. Poor man' s Cadillac..... Where did I hear that before?   post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

in summary, a nice little video...unlike some of the nonsense we've been told is gospel  ,pretty much all the info appears accurate from what the club has provided...and a very nice original example of a first gen-and presented  in the mindset of a fellow baby boomer - different times to be sure- he liked the car quite a bit as well...all in all thanks for sharing.           now a ? what is that darn air pump doing in there?   big block only?     my '73   350 had one   my '72 350 did not...

As tongue in cheek annoying as some may find our narrator ( a bit goofy at times but again a nice video) he did one on a '77  white Pontiac Grand 

Prix-what a beautiful car!!  

I also really like the previous generation GP (we knew of a silver and black '72 "back in the day"/ what a hot and fast car that was!!) and being in the non-tech forum I can say "Pontiac"?   ok cool!!

20 hours ago, Blake350 said:

in summary, a nice little video...unlike some of the nonsense we've been told is gospel  ,pretty much all the info appears accurate from what the club has provided...and a very nice original example of a first gen-and presented  in the mindset of a fellow baby boomer - different times to be sure- he liked the car quite a bit as well...all in all thanks for sharing.           now a ? what is that darn air pump doing in there?   big block only?     my '73   350 had one   my '72 350 did not...

California cars in 72 had air pumps. I had a 72 with a 350 from California that had one. The first thing I did to that car was remove it.