2023 Syracuse Nationals - Mini Meet

Montemedic

One week from today me and my brother will be sitting around in the camping area after a Wonderful dinner at our favorite polish restaurant having some beverages :beer:Thursday will be dinosaur barbecue after our other buddy gets in town. Maybe a cruise down to host hotel. And possibly some go cart racing too. Camp grounds will be full by Thursday. 

• Like 3

steve, Hopefully we will see you at Dinosaur BBQ on Thursday. If not Friday morning, we will be set up in our normal spot by the Exhibition Center. 

• Like 2

If anyone is looking at the 10 day forcast for Syracuse DON'T! The weather here is nearly unpredictable. Scattered showers mean it could be rainy 5 miles away and not here, not saying it can't rain but they have been wrong more than right. Anyone that knows the area knows we can get weather off the lake in one area but a few miles away be bone dry. Don't let it scare you away.  We'll have a great Syracuse nationals weekend no matter what happens 😀 bring your rain blades and towels just in case and of course your umbrellas. I'm sure Joe will bring his car condoms 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Carlisle is a great venue to prove that some rain will NOT dampen our Monte Spirits.  We just water ski right through the puddles and have a great time.  

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I'm surprised no one got a rc boat out in the puddles 😅

We had Dennis body surfing thru the puddles instead.

• Haha 4

Just watched local news now there saying much warmer but less chance of rain. Let's hope for the best. It's usually very warm, not unusual to be in the upper 80s and 90s so prepare for that too. It's central NY be ready for anything (we usually do) only afew more days now.

• Like 4
  • Thank You! 1

Good news Steve !! It’s going to 3 shirt per day event. We will be there participating and showing Syracuse how the FGMCC does it. Only 4 more wakeups and we will be there. Waiting a long time for this event. Bring it on !!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Montemedic said:

Good news Steve !! It’s going to 3 shirt per day event. We will be there participating and showing Syracuse how the FGMCC does it. Only 4 more wakeups and we will be there. Waiting a long time for this event. Bring it on !!!

Looking forward to it! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FrankOC said:

Cooler is stocked, the car is here somewhere,  I'm ready!

That's all I have left is to stock the cooler, camper is pretty much loaded, all i got to do is hook up in the morning.  Still gotta gas up monte but that's after the doctor.  of course i do have beer in camper fridge.

• Like 3

Rain or shine, Syracuse Nationals or bust !!! Last wake up before we head to the Syracuse Nationals tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone at this long awaited Mini Meet. The weather forecast is constantly changing and we will adapt and overcome as usual. We are planning on arriving at the hotel between 11am-noon. My cell is (631) 445-1958. Safe travels to everyone attending. See you all there !!! 

• Like 7

Everyone drive carefully and have a great time!!!

Thank you CK for putting this together for our members.

rob

• Like 6

It’s good this great club has eastern meets, western meets, numerous mini meets every year. Gives everyone a chance to attend in various parts of the country , all the meets are fantastic and give those attending an opportunity to meet and get to know other club members. To put a face and car to the site nicknames , not to mention all the fun !…Kudos to all those who spend their time organizing these special FGMCC meets and mini meets … Ron… 

• Like 8

All loaded up, ready to roll. No point in washing the truck, it may get a little rinse during the night before we leave.....😄

20230712_120842.jpg

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Forecast for Friday and Saturday now look much better.

rob

Like Steve said, don't pay much attention to the forecast. I looked a couple hours ago, Friday was a complete mess until around 5 pm,  lol.

That being said, I like the new forecast much better!

• Like 5

Sure now i have to load the car up!!!         

NOT!!!!!   been done since noon, but it does have 2 covers on her because the birds have some kind of leaking problem!!!!!

Be careful everyone!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Campers are filling In in our area haven't been over to the other camping area yet but I'm sure it's almost full. We managed to get all set up and just hanging out now having some brews :beer:having a great Syracuse nationals week! Probably be over at host hotel around noon or so tomorrow when our other guy gets here.

20230712_200232.jpg

• Like 7

We made it to the fairgrounds,  set up the tents, and are looking forward to a couple days of sunshine! Today is supposed to be 82, tomorrow is looking like 89 degrees. 

If you're coming to the show, we're set up right across from the Expo Center.

20230714_080529.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

We made it to the fairgrounds,  set up the tents, and are looking forward to a couple days of sunshine! Today is supposed to be 82, tomorrow is looking like 89 degrees. 

If you're coming to the show, we're set up right across from the Expo Center.

20230714_080529.jpg

Nice shot 👍

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1