Finally, time to begin!!

neverdone71

Hey everybody! I have been gone awhile, but I finally got settled into a place where I can begin a project / dream that started in 1982! Got a 30x40 shop to start a frame-off restoration on my 1970 Monte. I'll send pictures as I go, let the games begin! I'm glad to be back, I hope everyone is doing well!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Duane

• Like 9

Welcome Back Duane!!!  I think you have been around enough in the past to know we LOVE pictures.  Come on, if not pictures of the Monte, let's see that 30 X 40 shop you have to work in.

rob

• Like 2

Welcome back and congratulations on getting such a nice size shop to work in.  It seems like you can never have to much room.  Anyway, don't forget about the pictures that we love so. 

Yeah, I got one of those dream cars too. 1965 Chevelle(oops). Had it since '84 .been moved 3 times from house to house. It's all in pieces waiting it's turn. Going to retire sometime soon, build a garage for Running cars,then garage it's in will be the work shop. My Monte is taking it's space right now. It will be a full restoration just like the Monte. That took 4 yrs, weekends only to do. I'm hoping a lot less time on the Chevelle. I see you joined here in '08. I just finished the Monte that year. Fast forward and now going to clone as a Custom. BBC ,turbo 400, 3:73 12 bolt. Glad to see you back on the forum.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks everybody! It's good to be back on here again! I will attempt to send some pictures. I'm amazed the car is in such good shape after the rough storage conditions it went through over the last 40+ years!

Thanks for the compliments everybody! I got lucky and found that shop, fortunately a house came along with it! I'm going to get an engine puller later this month and take the body off the frame and get to work. I haven't decided on the color yet, too far down the road. I will be looking for a used rotisserie later this summer. So much to do, I can't wait!!

• Like 4

Ok, I know what color most of you guys are expecting me to say, but I'm not. LoL 😂

I bet any color you decide on will be beautiful ,  After all the trouble you are going through doing it correctly, and starting with the rotisserie, you are definitely doing it right .  

This will be a fun build to watch.

Good luck my friend !! 

• Like 2