Surgery This Past Wednesday

Rob Peters

I have completed the pre-screening process for "Inspire".  Inspire is an implant that will, hopefully, eliminate my need to use a C-Pap machine to sleep due to severe obstructive sleep Apnea.  

I had the 2 ¹/² to 3 hour implant surgery this past Wednesday and it should be active in about a month.  Here are a couple post surgery photos.

rob 20230330_081721.thumb.jpg.4d747aaa8406b90907cc8af6bfa3771d.jpg20230330_081836.thumb.jpg.123d17db4a54f8f489ced412d03d0ada.jpg

• Like 7

Get well my friend, I just hope it was all for the better. I'm kinda in the same boat, can't sleep when I need to. Gotta be from worrying about retirement. When I see you in Carlisle We're going to share some stories about retirement strategies. Thoughts and prayers going out to you for a speedy recovery.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Get well my friend, I just hope it was all for the better. I'm kinda in the same boat, can't sleep when I need to. Gotta be from worrying about retirement. When I see you in Carlisle We're going to share some stories about retirement strategies. Thoughts and prayers going out to you for a speedy recovery.

Jim, sounds good.  You can talk with me in Carlisle.  Maybe include Jay Munday and Joe and any other retirees.  From my end, I will hit 10 years of retirement this September/October and I have not looked back at all.  In reality I retired about 2 to 3 years before I had intended to due to the company trying to work me to death.... those who knew me back then are aware they almost succeeded in killing me... that and a doctor who screwed up on an out patient procedure but that is in the past now.

rob 

• Like 6

Sending you speedy recovery vibes! Life without your machine must be so exciting for you and for Patsy!!!

I am sure she has been taking great care of you!

• Like 2

Regarding getting rid of the C-Pap machine.  Unfortunately I am still on the C-Pap.  The reason is this, once the surgery is done the implant is not active.  They have to wait until my two surgery sites are healed completely.  This recovery time lasts approximately 4 to 5 weeks.  The stitches came out this past Thursday and there is a good bit of swelling but the surgery sites look very good.  Even though the scars in both sites are 2 1/2 to 3 inches long the doctor did an amazing job in closing with stitches because the scars are very thin.

Around the first week in May I will return to the doctor office and the new implant will be turned on and programmed and then it will become active once I get in bed and use a remote to turn it on.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

rob 

• Like 4