Nice!

I bet a lot of people walked away butt hurt getting passed by a land yacht, 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Nice!

I bet a lot of people walked away butt hurt getting passed by a land yacht, 😄

Some of the officials told me that…

I’m still figuring out shock settings and tire pressures. Also some transmission programming. The only problem I had was the coolant temp got up to 225 or so at times. I’m going to try some kind of scoop under the bumper to force air up in front of the radiator 

Hey Jason,

Didn't you have a Monte Carlo at Maple Grove a few years back? Maroon maybe? The car would lift up the front tires at launch and run somewhere in the 10s. I think I may have met you there. I am from Center Valley.

Mike

16 minutes ago, Mike Brichta said:

Hey Jason,

Didn't you have a Monte Carlo at Maple Grove a few years back? Maroon maybe? The car would lift up the front tires at launch and run somewhere in the 10s. I think I may have met you there. I am from Center Valley.

Mike

Mike, We talked a while ago. Back in the 90s I worked at Scott Chevy. You have Curt's car if i am not mistaken. I live right near Strange Brew on the south side. Did you happen to be in Emmaus yesterday with a Maroon Monte?

I thought we met somewhere. Glad to see you are still racing.

Unfortunately, I totalled Curt's 72 Custom a few years back when I hit a patch of black ice on a cold, sunny Sunday morning going to the Macungie diner for breakfast. The car slid sideways into a telephone pole. I loved that car and miss Curt. So maybe there is another maroon Monte running around or a ghost from the past. Lol. Do you still race at Maple Grove?

Sorry to hear about the car. Always raced at Numidia. I did see a Monte in town yesterday. There is also a black one around. 
How is retirement going? 

I just sold my triple black 70 Monte a few years ago when I retired. Too many cars in the stable and had to sell some before I retired. Retirement is great. Took me a while to get used to it. It's like a whole new world now. You should try it.

All I have to say is ......Whippin' [censored] and taking names on those 'Vette's !! You really put that Monte through the paces. You should bring it up here to Watkins Glen (NY) ,on opening day and see some jaw drops. I sure hope Kevin Wiles ( original starter of our club) sees your video. You know that he built the #12 Coke Machine Monte that I believe Coke bought from him some time ago. I think it's time Coke takes that out for a tour of all the tracks that it ran on .Love to see it run on North Wilksboro in North Carolina during the race Dale Jr. runs there with his Sun Drop Monte Carlo. Again, awesome job on the videos. I'll be paying attention to you on YouTube. Be safe Bro......gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Thank You! 1

I retired 3 years ago lol. 
It’s good. I keep busy with my rental properties and the cars. Looking to build another garage. 
you should try some of the track stuff at pocono and we should get a drink or something and actually meet some time 

Edited by Jason72

Syracuse Nat'ls would be a great place to meet up. You don't need to bring your car, just show up for the weekend, or day. If you're serious though, The Vintage Race in September is the best here at Watkins Glen. I'm only 20 minutes from the track, they have a car show and 3 laps around the course. Plus daily runs around the old course. Maybe check it out on the website and consider it .Lots of wine country and curved roads up here in upstate NY! By the way, your Monte sounds really good in those videos.I'm looking forward to retirement next year, I'll have40 hrs of relaxing time working on my toys.

Edited by 420ponies
Added content
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...