OPG CHANGING

I always gave OPG negative reviews but I think they have changed. I recently put a order in for the free shipping if I spent over $100. I find some of their prices have dropped below most other vendors. The thing I really liked is that they didn’t charge sales tax. I know it’s a Federal law that internet sellers must charge tax on orders with the agreement to send it to the state you live in. Can anyone agree with what I posted.

5 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

It's a state law, I know in NY they collect sales tax for all transactions. They need there cut of every sale.

There's a few that slip between the cracks, but far and few...

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

I haven't ordered anything from them in a long time so can't contribute 

Same here, been bit a few times in the past with them, usually last on the list of suppliers now. Next time I'm in the need for something, I'll at least give it a look.

I checked my past orders with them. In a 3/2019 order, there was no NY sales tax charged. On later orders after 8/2019, they charged NY tax.

• Like 1

I don't know but I may find out soon.  I have been looking for new rubber floor mats for my Monte, the set I have had foe 20 years are beginning to tear.  OPG has a set for $169.99, here is the link:  https://www.opgi.com/interior-accessories/carpet-flooring/bowtie-chevy-floor-mats2/floor-mats-rubber-1964-77-chevellemonte-carlo-with-bowtie-logo-ccp0300.html

It looks like Summit Racing has the exact same mats for $279.99, here is the link:  https://www.summitracing.com/parts/oer-fp73008

Summit Racing has free shipping and the shipping, mats and tax would run around $204.

I may call them tomorrow to see if they actually have them "In Stock" at OPGI.  

rob

• Like 2

OPGI was always first on my list for finding items, and last for ordering. But I noticed that their prices are better than what they're providing Summit and Jegs with for the items that I was looking at, so I put in an order with them last week for the first time in a long time. 

So, I did some checking today and from what I can tell the mats at Summit and OPGI are the exact same mats.

I called OPGI to verify they have them "IN STOCK".  When I talked to the guy I asked him about the discount code (SUMMER23) would work on this item and that brought the cost down from $169.99 to $152.99.

Then I asked about shipping costs and he told me FedEx was $34.00.  I said that shipping sounds very high and he said he agrees it sounds high and he said "let me see what I can do for you" and after a minute he said "I can do the shipping for $24.99" to which I said "well that's a little better" and he replied "we can doFedEx Ground for $19.00."

Confirmed order shows NO sales Taxes.

rob

• Like 4

Just an update on my mats.......  They were supposed to arrive yesterday but when I checked the tracking number it showed a shipping delay.  In looking into it more it showed that the mats were still in California at a FedEx facility in Anaheim, CA.  It stated the barcode was damaged and a new label had been created.  It showed the mats were picked up at OPGI on August 8 and also the issue with the label was corrected on the 8th.  

I called FedEx and they told me they can not explain  why the mats were still in California and may have been lost somewhere along the way.  

I called OPGI and they feel the package is lost and have told me they are going to duplicate the order. They have told  me they will ship the new order 3-day express.  I should now receive the new order Thursday now.

rob

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Just an update on my mats.......  They were supposed to arrive yesterday but when I checked the tracking number it showed a shipping delay.  In looking into it more it showed that the mats were still in California at a FedEx facility in Anaheim, CA.  It stated the barcode was damaged and a new label had been created.  It showed the mats were picked up at OPGI on August 8 and also the issue with the label was corrected on the 8th.  

I called FedEx and they told me they can not explain  why the mats were still in California and may have been lost somewhere along the way.  

I called OPGI and they feel the package is lost and have told me they are going to duplicate the order. They have told  me they will ship the new order 3-day express.  I should now receive the new order Thursday now.

rob

You should see them some time next year....:k

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Yep. They’re changing alright. Lol 

Well this issue was not OPGi's fault, it was messed up by FedEx.  When I reported it to OPGi yesterday that it appeared FedEx could not tell me where it was OPGi confirmed with FedEx that it appeared to be lost.  OPGi offered to replace the order and when I mentioned I had already waited a week for them they told me they would express ship the new order.  Today I was working out in the yard and a FedEx truck pulled up and delivered that order.  

I know they have had issues in the past but in this case they have treated me right!

rob

• Like 6

OK, guess what happened today..... We got home from my doctors appointment and there on our porch was the first (FedEx Lost Order)  It seems FedEx must have found it and sent it.  I would have thought OPGi would have notified FedEx of the lost package and recalled it to be sent back to them.  

Anyway, I contacted OPGi and reported that both the original and replacement floor mat shipment had arrived at my house.  They have sent me a shipping label to return one of them.  

rob

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

They have sent me a shipping label to return one of them.  

I'd wait about 4 months to ship it, you know....like they do!  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 3 weeks later...

Did you like the quality and fit? I’m thinking about ordering a set. I’ll be in the area of the California OPGI this Saturday. I can save the shipping. If they are out of stock they’ll ship them on their dime. Hopefully they’re not. They were able to send you 2 sets. Maybe they should change their name to OPGIBO.

• Like 1