Remove door handles

I couldn't match mulsanne blue, but I spent a long time with swatches walking around the original paint in the trunk and interior. The paint system is a Spanish brand called Besa. It looks a little more turquoise than it photographs but has a lovely metallic quality that changes in different light.

removed parts painted first: before clear...

4parts-before-clear.thumb.jpg.f90e0adf0e3882b4f04aee87c91af4df.jpg

after clear in daylight:

4parts-daylight.thumb.jpg.1ca46d84022cee4ff0dbbbeb45429994.jpg

indoors at night:

4parts-artificial-light.thumb.jpg.1554410fa5e9393d66f513938559be0b.jpg

• Like 6

Paul that looks Great!!!!   What do you think the shade should be (lighter, darker)??? 

I think that color looks alot like mine, but i think mine should be alittle darker..  

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1

6 hours ago, willie said:

Paul that looks Great!!!!   What do you think the shade should be (lighter, darker)??? 

I think that color looks alot like mine, but i think mine should be alittle darker..  

It’s really hard to tell from online photos Willie. In person  I think there should be a tiny shade more purple, less green (turquoise), but when I compare my photos to google image search they are much closer in shade. Doesn’t matter though, I like it and I’m glad you guys gave it the nod of approval!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

That's all that really matters Paul is that you like it, but a lot of us like it too. Some of us are pretty partial to blue, we're called the blue crew and yes you are a part of it :yay: and yes Dennis so are you :yay:

The car required it. But I’m not really a blue guy. Nothing wrong with it, just not my favorite. Sorry. Not a fan of green or gold either but I’ll have them too. The 70’s bathroom colors. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dennis if you paint the other two BLUE and have a BLUE TRIFECTA and will not even loose points!!!!   LOL

Paul i agree with Steve as long as you like the color that's all that counts!!!! I also can't wait to see her all put together!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

looks great. did you do this by yourself or did you have helpers

Thanks lads, just me and the insects Bob! I was at it for 8 hours straight between tack cloth and last coat of clear. Really pleased with the result and the color. Just have to sand out a few creatures and dust nibs. Unavoidable for a diy job I think. Happy Halloween!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...