Jump to content

2024 Eastern Meet Attendees And Other Stats As Of Sep 27, 2023


Rob Peters

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

We're going to need a bigger parking lot for bench racing 😳

Absolutely!. But this is a good problem 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2024 at 11:44 AM, cny first gen 71 said:

I was wondering that too, I guess sometimes glasses are more important 🤔 maybe California is it owne country now wouldn't that be nice. Just like they are talking about making NY city it's own state that would be great for the rest of the state but we'll keep long Island though. But the city would probably go broke in a month or so without upstate money flowing in. Oh well we can only dream about that. But yes this is going to be a great meet for sure.

They’re  already broke … and California:(…hopefully Ronnie from calif decides to stay here come June. :)…they would be most welcome…

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a few stats to  share with you:

Numbers by years:  70's =27    71's = 16    72's=18

Arrival Days =  Tuesday = 5 Members     Wednesday = 19 Members   Thursday =  55 Members   Friday= 7 & Saturday 1

Classes:   Stock=15   Street=17    Modified=19    Super Modified=9

States represented 19   Province's=2

rob

  • Like 8
  • Thank You! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Modified?

For some reason that category doesn't ring a bell, is that for the club or was it a option to choose when registering at Carlisle?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, 502ci said:

Super Modified?

For some reason that category doesn't ring a bell, is that for the club or was it a option to choose when registering at Carlisle?

 

 

Club only, Bill.

Rob gave some details here:

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28511-2024-eastern-meet-car-class-registrations/

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure what I listed my car under...it surely needs to be in "Super Modified" class in that case.

On a side note I never have my car judged in the club or at Carlisle. I never put the paper on the dash. 

Maybe someday when/if it ever gets restored I will. 🙂

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, 502ci said:

Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure what I listed my car under...it surely needs to be in "Super Modified" class in that case.

On a side note I never have my car judged in the club or at Carlisle. I never put the paper on the dash. 

Maybe someday when/if it ever gets restored I will. 🙂

In all honesty I don’t think that many of us members really care about the cars being judged. It’s more about the having fun with the group. I’ve gone to shows and have been told to put the sheets on the dash. I just throw them in the back seat. If they want them, they can find them. lol. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here. Before I joined this group, I never entered a show to be judged. To me, it's a $25/year parking space 🤣.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Same here. Before I joined this group, I never entered a show to be judged. To me, it's a $25/year parking space 🤣.

Thats how I look at it too. The "reward" comes from the trip mostly, but also the folks in the club. I love driving the Monte and bench racing. It's always an adventure and not to be missed. :2beers:

 

The event itself is, to me, the same old same old..... same vendors and same sitting around near cars. (yawn)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Thats how I look at it too. The "reward" comes from the trip mostly, but also the folks in the club. I love driving the Monte and bench racing. It's always an adventure and not to be missed. :2beers:

 

The event itself is, to me, the same old same old..... same vendors and same sitting around near cars. (yawn)

I agree 100 % I'd never drive that far just to go to a show, it's all about the people, the fun we have and the bench racing. My car is not an award winner and I don't care it's all about the fun, the people and have made some great friends along the way.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only count the changes to amuse myself, and deflect on the $$ ive dropped 🤣 I'm not really a car show person but obviously I keep showing up to the meets without a car because of THE PEOPLE. 

Last year at Carlisle I had to change my entry from Monte to Suburban 🤣 Didnt care still parked with the club . Someone even tried to park with us with a Blue Oval , they were quickly re-routed to the non-participating parking area 🤣

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dtret said:

In all honesty I don’t think that many of us members really care about the cars being judged. It’s more about the having fun with the group. I’ve gone to shows and have been told to put the sheets on the dash. I just throw them in the back seat. If they want them, they can find them. lol. 

 

13 hours ago, jft69z said:

Same here. Before I joined this group, I never entered a show to be judged. To me, it's a $25/year parking space 🤣.

And yet you two continue to judge me on a daily basis.  Oh, the irony…

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I only count the changes to amuse myself, and deflect on the $$ ive dropped 🤣 I'm not really a car show person but obviously I keep showing up to the meets without a car because of THE PEOPLE. 

Last year at Carlisle I had to change my entry from Monte to Suburban 🤣 Didnt care still parked with the club . Someone even tried to park with us with a Blue Oval , they were quickly re-routed to the non-participating parking area 🤣

I beg to differ…

Come on now!!  if you’re gonna tell a fib, tell the whole fib. I was able to pull off a day of parking with the club.  Looks like “someone“ forgot who they were parked next to on the show field.  Now Day 2?  Yeah…I got busted 😂. Here’s photographic proof as a reminder for those with short memories…

image.thumb.jpeg.d9da43ffda9e9f1078d7d32c980205af.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

 

And yet you two continue to judge me on a daily basis.  Oh, the irony…

Yes but you give us plenty of ammo. 

  • Like 2
  • You're Welcome 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Glen said:

I beg to differ…

Come on now!!  if you’re gonna tell a fib, tell the whole fib. I was able to pull off a day of parking with the club.  Looks like “someone“ forgot who they were parked next to on the show field.  Now Day 2?  Yeah…I got busted 😂. Here’s photographic proof as a reminder for those with short memories…

image.thumb.jpeg.d9da43ffda9e9f1078d7d32c980205af.jpeg

Figures, both of you parked next to me...ughhh

  • Like 1
  • You're Welcome 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cbolt said:

Thats how I look at it too. The "reward" comes from the trip mostly, but also the folks in the club. I love driving the Monte and bench racing. It's always an adventure and not to be missed. :2beers:

 

The event itself is, to me, the same old same old..... same vendors and same sitting around near cars. (yawn)

Very well said Jim!!

rob

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the number of members we have registered already someone asked me if I had any idea what the attendance for the Saturday evening Award Dinner would be.  

I counted up all of our members and guests and if we were to hold that Awards Dinner today and every member and their guest attended there would be 135 people at that dinner.  We will easily fit our group Award Dinner in the vendor food court area.

rob

  • Like 5
  • Thank You! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Glen said:

 Yeah…I got busted 😂. Here’s photographic proof as a reminder for those with short memories…

image.thumb.jpeg.d9da43ffda9e9f1078d7d32c980205af.jpeg

I prefer "selective" memory 🤣 But you are correct,Vicky was there friday. I think I even remember a citizen being a little uneasy walking past 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

Two wrongs and one right. 

Before someone misconstrues that comment I'm saying the right was Glens significant other. Not any member 🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Before someone misconstrues that comment I'm saying the right was Glens significant other. Not any member 🤣

I simply took it as two wrong cars, and my Monte was the correct (right) one.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I simply took it as two wrong cars, and my Monte was the correct (right) one.

Or 2 GM products (right for the GM Nationals) and 1 blue oval (wrong) I'm ok with any of the 3 interpretations 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I simply took it as two wrong cars, and my Monte was the correct (right) one.

Exactly as intended 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DragCat said:

I prefer "selective" memory 🤣 But you are correct,Vicky was there friday. I think I even remember a citizen being a little uneasy walking past 

“Selective memory”, you say?  You must’ve been married or in a long term relationship at some point.  It’s a must have self preservation survival skill. 

Yeah, there were more than a few unhappy purists that shot dirty looks in my direction.  Quite amusing how easily some people get fired up. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...