20 years ago…

20 years ago I was working on organizing a 70-72 Monte Carlo meet in Nevada. FGMCC founder/president Kevin Wiles liked what he saw and proposed that we make it an official club meet and the Western Meet was born. I had no idea that I would still be organizing these 20 years later.

That first Western Meet had 6 members attend from three states and one province and was a fantastic experience that I still look back with fond memories.

This year the 19th annual Western Meet will have 30 members from long distance all over the Western US and Canada. These don’t happen without members dedicated to travelling long distances attending these events and I want to thank those who have attended over the 20 year history.

IMG_2177.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thank You! 5

Aaron, Thank you for your dedication to this Club, establishing and running the Western Meets for the last 20 years. A great milestone and Club event for our membership to attend. Upon my retirement I will plan a trip and attend a Western Meet. I hope other members will too. 

• Like 7

I second everything CK said.  While the eastern meets are kind of a haul, they are definitely manageable after doing some logistical tweaks with work and the home life.  A western meet is definitely in the cards after retirement. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Montemedic said:

Upon my retirement I will plan a trip and attend a Western Meet. I hope other members will too. 

1 minute ago, Glen said:

A western meet is definitely in the cards after retirement. 

As already said, Thank You for all that you do for the club Aaron!

CK & Glen, count me in when you go to a Western meet. (I think I may have already made a deal with Aaron not too long ago, that if he came to Carlisle this year, I would make my way out to a Western meet in the future 🙂).

• Like 6

I should add there were other members who stepped up to run Western Meets in 2005 (Mark), 2008 (Jaylene) and 2009 (Jake). They were an important part in keeping this meet rolling.🙂

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’m in too. A group meet up should be planned in case of break downs. I think it would be awesome. And also a big thanks to Aaron. 

IMG_2178.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Uh oh i feel the rope around my neck and feet already..... Next thing i know Joe will be calling me daily!!! LOL

Yep. You better get the trailer ready. 😝

• Haha 2

Just now, willie said:

You mean wings to fly don't you Dennis????   Maybe i will  drive to Ohio then hitch a ride in your Monte???

No invisible Monte’s. Ya hear me. 

• Like 2

Very few people have ever stepped in to organize a meet. In 25 years maybe 15ish people. People want a meet in their back door but never step up. 

You have definitely kept in going in the west! Well done

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

On 2/16/2024 at 3:46 PM, jft69z said:

As already said, Thank You for all that you do for the club Aaron!

CK & Glen, count me in when you go to a Western meet. (I think I may have already made a deal with Aaron not too long ago, that if he came to Carlisle this year, I would make my way out to a Western meet in the future 🙂).

I've been thinking about a Western meet since I attended my first Eastern meet. I may have to wait until I retire as well, but it's on the list!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, sbarnette said:

I've been thinking about a Western meet since I attended my first Eastern meet. I may have to wait until I retire as well, but it's on the list!

Thats my goal as well Sammy. Everything will have to line up just so, or we will have to wait for Linda to retire before we make a western meet happen. It will happen, just no idea exactly when. You KNOW I'll be driving out. Cross country backroads in the Monte.... heaven. 😎

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Dtret said:

Hopefully with better results than when the north met the south. 

I could have used a tutorial on the different accents in the Eastern US the last time I went to an Eastern Meet. Some amusing miscommunications occurred. I’m certain I sounded funny to them though, eh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes, getting together at the various Meets the Club offers is cultural and educational. Different foods, languages, new sights and experiences come with it too. Definitely worth your time to come join us !!!

• Like 5