Participants' Plaque

PapaCoop60

I want to say a big THANKS! to Scott Stephens "footballubet" for all the time he invested in making the participant plaques that were handed out. Just when you think this club is the best, it gets even better.

IMG_0964.jpg

I second that. Well done Scott. I even stapled my entry ticket stub from the Edelbrock/NMCA meet to the back of the plaque. - Dave

I'm jealous...

We did not get a fancy plaque at the Western meet...and there were only 8 of us there.

However, we did get a nice business card size "plaque"...

Looks like Dave Mau also had a hand in making the plaque (design of the print on the plaque). Nice Job Scott and Dave. smile

I'm jealous...

We did not get a fancy plaque at the Western meet...and there were only 8 of us there.

However, we did get a nice business card size "plaque"...

No need to be jealous, all you have to do is attend the 10th Western Meet in four years. I am sure we will have something special for that meet as well.

As mentioned on the forums, this year was our 10th Anniversary Eastern Meet so we had a few 'specials' for our attending members and the plaque was one of them...

BIG THANKS SCOTT and DAVE, that was your fault! grin

I can say it was "My Fault"! lol When we had our dinner in February, I brought a pattern of the plaques for Rob Peters to see if he liked it. Then I contacted Dave on the design. The plaque was approved. The only problem we had was the lady who printed the metal plaque got backed up. I received the metal plaques on Tuesday, left for the meet on Wednesday and spent some time at the meet assembling them.

I hope everybody enjoys them as much as I enjoyed making them. (well I hope more) Thanks to the Officers for allowing these to be made!

Andreas...

You bet...I will most definitely be going to as many meets as I can from now on!

Going to the Western meet was awesome! I feel like I have a new family now!

In all honesty...I had forgotten that it was the Eastern meet's 10th year...no worries though...it was totally worth it just to be able to attend the Western meet. I am completely amazed with being around fellow FGMC owners that love these cars as much as I do and all of the camaraderie that goes along with the love for these cars...

Andreas...

Going to the Western meet was awesome! I feel like I have a new family now!

Rodney, I hear that a lot....grin

Yes, it was all Scott's fault. Scott asked me last summer if it would be OK for him to come up with a participant plaque for the tenth Anniversary meet and I told him I would run it past Andreas. Andreas asked me what he had in mind and Scott did a template type plaque, without the metal piece when we met up for our little meet and greet and it looked good so I told him I thought he should go ahead. What you see is the end product.

Thanks so much Scooter,

Rob

The plaque is awesome... cool

I walked away from that meet with so much FGMCC stuff that I almost feel guilty... laugh

Also the T-shirts we all got are very nicely done and very rare...if you didn't go you can't get one... grin

• 3 weeks later...
Guest knightfan2691
IMG_0964.jpg

WOW!!!!!! That is awesome! Great job, Scott!!!

smile

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It goes so fast" ... Jodee Messina ... 'Was That My Life?'

BIG THANKS SCOTT and DAVE, that was your fault! grin

You're welcome! When Scott told me what he was planning to do, and asked if I could help with the design, how could I say no?

I'm glad to hear that the special commemorative T-shirts were a "hit", too.

smile

Dave