What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

The suspension pictures look great Dennis!!! Looks VERY nice.

I put new wires on my car, getting it ready for the Eastern Meet. The wires are NOS, brand new 40 year old Delco wires(date coded '74). Man it sure does run great. Have alot of other things I would like to get done before Somerset. Only one more week!!! 2beers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the rear bumper installed last night. Hoping to hit the highway for the first time this summer tonight.

what size BFH did it take to line it up? rofl

Got the carb adjusted the best I could without taking it out on the rain soaked roads. Hope it clears up in the morning so I can drive it a little before I head to a car cruise I am putting on.

I also installed the Morris Dual Clear Shot Mirrors. They fit beautiful and stay adjusted. Pics to come.

We have been laying the exhaust in the frame to make all the needed connection and bends to fit. So far the lead pipe and the mufflers are in place the over the axle tubs have been modified to fit. 10501643_805554736146168_356069739871664 only had a 20" hole to put the muffler in went this a pair of Maagnaflow 14336 mufflers not sure how they sound but they look good.

Started the day with the intent of pulling rear tail housing from tranny and install a 15 tooth drive gear to fix speedometer reading problem After looking at what would be required, I elected to try a gear reduction adapter instead. I was offered a used on with a .89xxxxx reduction and installed it. Did a preliminary drive to analyze results. Found this adapter brought speedometer only 6/7 miles faster reading than that of GPS. Decided at least for now, this will be sufficient. Drove back to storage, parked car and came home.

Oh yeah, and double checked fluid levels. smile

Doug

Put about 100 miles on it for a Cruise Night I had never been to before. The weather was perfect and the car performed great. I met a FGMC Member from Peterborough there. His name is Dave. Nice guy and he has a VERY GO FAST 72. smile

Getting ready for the East Meet. Cleaned up under my hood, checked fluids, air pressure, replaced 15x7 rally and tire in trunk with a 15x8 and matching size tire.

Replaced an NOS set of rear bumper guards for a rechromed set. nutz