So after the cake was cut....

CKZ03

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope not por 15, my doors where pretty much rust free, but certainly not dent free lol I did spray some epoxy all over inside the door, then took just regular old undercoating & hosed the living S*** out of the insides in hopes of supresssing any future rust from developing.

Thanks Jared, I havent forgot about you, its just that I kinda have my hands full right now, sorry eek.

These are some tools you should have on hand prior to installing your repro lower trim & wheel lip moldings. Take your time & look at each piece carefully. All four corners of all the pieces should be ground/filed down to debur sharp edges from the manufacturing process, JMO & just a suggestion. I also had to "shorten" both ends of all my repro wheel lip moldings because they were too long on both ends and hitting lower trim, would damage lower trim if installed like that. A few of them I cut off nealy 3/4 of an inch shock. Test fit by hand & check everything out before actually attaching any. Debur & cut back all the edges & you wont scratch or gouge your paint, I havent "YET", couple of pieces to go...

Most of my new trim had dents & scratches on them right out of the package shockcry2

IMG_20130605_203856_zps398c2345.jpg

IMG_20130606_011146_zps5a34ed53.jpg

IMG_20130606_011155_zps3ae493a2.jpg

Uh oh you forgot the fender trim has to go on before the fender to reach the nuts mad

If your not aware already the rocker molding clips that come with the aftermarket moldings don't work! I have part #s for ones that do I'm sure you can get being in the business. It's looking awesome Cory your making great progress and lots of pics is a bonus!!

he's already has a great plan for that molding Tony, wish I would have thought about it, that would have saved me a major headache!

barrel clips!!!!!

Well, Im pretty sure I asked you if you wanted some of these when I sent you the clips & I think you said no you were just going to use nuts. crazy

Heres what you should use, course any way you do it, they will be extremely difficult to get back off if you ever need to. Lets just hope they dont ever need to.

IMG_20130606_182431_zps46f618fe.jpg

IMG_20130606_182503_zps1f0bbd04.jpg

IMG_20130606_182605_zps812c017e.jpg

he's already has a great plan for that molding Tony, wish I would have thought about it, that would have saved me a major headache!

barrel clips!!!!!

I figured he had something planned! He's no amateur!

Just saving the easy ones for last Tony lol

See above post for what I used on those. cool

So at some point you start to get lost in what to do next & you find yourself doing nothing but staring at the car again, wondering what to do next. Its a good idea to make yourself a list of things that need to be done. Make sure you start with what is the most important thing at that time, what must be done immediatley before you should even consider moving on to the next thing, the absolute most crucial thing that must be done before the next. There is an order of importance to these things you know. Heres my list of things Im going to knock out tomorrow, I anticipate this should only take me a few hours & I will have plenty of time to relax & goof off once completed.

IMG_20130607_004314_zps4c86f6e1.jpg

Got the rest of the side trim on tonight, less the rocker moldings, those will not go on until near the end and the interior is completed. Yes you can install the fender trim at the rear of fender near door without taking the fender off the car, ask me how confused But I dont know how a rear view mirror map light works? lol NOTICE IN PICS - thats actually installed now & not on my list cause its DONE!

IMG_20130606_231206_zps7c619a66.jpg

IMG_20130606_231217_zpsf9b946f0.jpg

IMG_20130606_231521_zps2e91998f.jpg

IMG_20130606_231532_zpsde372ab1.jpg

IMG_20130606_231611_zpsdb1485df.jpg

Um Yaaaaa, maybe those two shouldnt be on the list, I find that I have already completed that task & keep forgetting to scratch them off my list. I also must be forgetting that its already been done & find myself repeating the same task over & over. Make it kinda tough to move on to the next one lol

I see you start the day with a quality breakfast... grin

Making great progress!

Breakfast of champions beerlol

Moving as fast as I can, dont have much time to mess around. Wish I had more vacation time with work & all to take some time off to finish this baby frown but I dont. So Im putting in some long hours everyday.

I guess we had the same plans today Aaron, painting grilles cool what a pain in the butt. for some grille painting ideas see this thread

http://fgmcc.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=409240#Post409240

Knocked a few things of my list today, most importantly I ended up with this. I know the car is pretty dusty & dirty at the moment. Gotta get ugly before it gets pretty.

IMG_20130609_005153_zpsca1b26b1.jpg

IMG_20130609_005214_zpse61d2370.jpg

IMG_20130609_005235_zps67961875.jpg

It's amazing how every little piece you put on at this point is like finishing up a piece of the giant puzzle, seems like you make huge progress every day as opposed to doing bodywork.

Looks great Cory

Got the rear interior in today! Also knocked a few other things off my list too. yay Looking pretty good I think. Notice no window cranks or switches for the rear, I wanted a super clean look so Im concealing the switches & tying them to the bottom of the ash tray if I ever need to pull them out to mess with a single switch or wiring for some reason. The other reason being I have a 2 and a 4 year old, both boys, that I dont want constantly messing with the window switches no

IMG_20130609_224439_zps8b14df1c.jpg

IMG_20130609_224503_zps33cc50b1.jpg

Got the rear interior in today! Also knocked a few other things off my list too. yay Looking pretty good I think. Notice no window cranks or switches for the rear, I wanted a super clean look so Im concealing the switches & tying them to the bottom of the ash tray if I ever need to pull them out to mess with a single switch or wiring for some reason. The other reason being I have a 2 and a 4 year old, both boys, that I dont want constantly messing with the window switches

Good idea but it will work for about a day. Those inquisitive minds are going to open the ashtray for curiosity sake.......and as soon as they see the button they are going to try it. Unless of course the switch will be under the ashtray ..... then dad will never open the windows either. Young minds are like sponges.

Dan

Car sure is coming along nicely. Its gonna look great once its done.

Where did you get your interior kit from?

Thanks in advance

Abe

I suspect Cory put them under the ashtrays and will use the front gang switch on the driver's door to put them up and down. smile

Correct Larry, Im drilling a hole in the bottom of my ash tray & going to run a zip tie through the wires on the switch, & loop it back into the bottom of the ash tray. Then I can pull the whole ashtray assembly out & pull the switch up with it, if ever necessary to mess with it for any reason. Otherwise it will never be used anyway cause I can control all windows from the drivers door. I dont think the kids will figure this out for quite a while, if ever. They are at that age right now where they mess with everything.

Originally Posted By: abe72
Car sure is coming along nicely. Its gonna look great once its done.

Where did you get your interior kit from?

Thanks in advance

Abe

Cant bash products here anymore, just voicing my opinions, but somewhere along the line it apparently turns into slander & upsets some other members. Seems all my interior is PUI brand. After learning more from this site I would suggest buying Legendary. Also dont buy any assembled door/interior panels ASSEMBLED, at least the ones with plastic backers. I think Legendarys stuff is assembled with factory style steel backers, otherwise buy unassembled & get a interior shop to assemble & fit your panels properly. My interior so far has been a struggle to make look "good enough". Should have spent more money to take me to the next level.

Enough of that & moving on, front bumper went on easy & fits great, wonder why?

c0c9c74c-f7e1-4e88-8e77-18d0d2218d4a_zps

IMG_20130610_180614_zps1d47cc72.jpg

IMG_20130610_221500_zps08ba92b1.jpg

Got some of the rear happenin

IMG_20130609_134740_zps2581032e.jpg

IMG_20130608_194816_zps37c1ee13.jpg

IMG_20130610_203456_zps06ac8d82.jpg

IMG_20130610_234037_zps55f1e26a.jpg

IMG_20130610_234053_zps4380459b.jpg

Everything is looking great Cory!!!

If you send Legendary your steel rails, they will install them into the door panels for you. They do a great job!!

Great idea with the rear window switches.

Places that sell PUI will also have your steel rails installed for you if you send them.

I bought unassembled for that reason Cory, its more work for sure, but well worth it IMO. I had heard plenty of horror stories about the plastic rails

Cant bash products here anymore

what!!!! we can't voice our opinions about poor quality, ill fitting, and just plain garbage products being sold???

since when?

I thought that's what this club was about, to help each other learn about the best products and prevent others from wasting money by learning from our experiences???