Monte that sold at a local auction yesterday

No SS's in 1972 as we know. Not really promoted as an SS or a clone just a 454 car which was available. I don't have an issue with the added SS454 emblems as long as it isn't sold as an SS. I see some issues that would cause me pause at that price. Like the turbo 400 bleeding al over the place. Did the 72 454 option require the F41 suspension? There is no rear sway bar or the boxed in lowers. Also appears that there might be some (hidden) rust issues but hard to tell from the pictures.

Bottom line for me it was well sold and not well bought, but that is my opinion. Without an in person inspection I'd be out of the bidding at $15k or so.

rotin

Thats close to the price I was thinking. I thought it might go for a max of 16k. The trans leaks don't really bother me. It just seems like a nice driver. But everything is more expensive lately.

No 72 SS 454s were ever built. You could get a 72 optioned like an SS but not actual SS. This car is NOT even an original 454 car. In 72 GM started putting the engine code in the vin. A 454 car would have a W. A 402 would be U. This is originally a small block car.  J code is 350 4bbl. 

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being a snob, but I don't care for the SS badging 🤣 So I'll bite my tounge and just repeat what I always say, its your car do what you want with it.

I'll agree with Robin, sold well not bought well. I'm not up on current prices but doubt I would have dropped that much coin.

At the end of the day, same story, right place right person and Ching Ching $$$$

I'm sorry, did I miss something? Looks to be a 12 bolt to me. Alot of 72s had 12 bolts for some reason. Not saying this is the original rear to this car but it could be. 

Overall, nice condition driver for whomever purchased it. 

VIN indicates a 350 4 barrel car.

I'd say fair price of course pics hide a lot.

My blue car sold at streetside for 31k. 72 small block car but very nice.  I got 26k.

These cars are bringing the $$$$ now 

4 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

VIN indicates a 350 4 barrel car.

I'd say fair price of course pics hide a lot.

My blue car sold at streetside for 31k. 72 small block car but very nice.  I got 26k.

These cars are bringing the $$$$ now 

Not that I have a single iota worth of intention of selling my baby, but it’s definitely a nice trend to see these cars finally starting to come into their own.