70 - 72 Lower Body Trim

I'm looking for the lower body trim moldings for my 1970 Monte Carlo minus the rocker trim. I have ordered them from SS396.com and they get them from Original Parts Group. But they aren't available until June. If anyone knows where I can get them sooner please let me know.  Thanks, Wayne20221105_133307.thumb.jpg.0763e1ecca7133c4e24f399f1e867f27.jpg

Did you order Monte Carlo specific rocker mouldings from ss396? The Monte Carlo moulding is longer than the Chevelle rocker mouldings. 

I purchased all the mouldings from the parts place. Give them a look. 

All those places that show online that they have them, they don't. The rocker panel trim I got new with clips on Ebay and they are the right length  The Parts Place doesn't have them.

There was a person selling every piece of trim, aftermarket, on marketplace. I don’t remember where. They had it all sitting on sawhorses in the driveway. I think it was 600 bucks. Search away. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you looked at the Parts Sources on the website? Lots of vendors listed, some give discounts for being a Club member. Due to the ongoing supply chain issue you may have to look at a bunch of vendors to find or track down what you want or need. Since you already tried SS 396 and The Parts Place try some of the others listed. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got the lower trim for my 70 Monte. the plastic clips for the doors and in front and back of the doors have an oblong stud which would have to snap into a close fitting slot. I have no holes in the car at all. Doe's anyone know if they make these clips with a round stud for a drilled hole. Please advise.  Wayne

20221105_133307.jpg

Grab a piece of sheet metal and do some test runs with different size drill bits... usually a conventional hole will still work.. never done it on a Monte but the 64 falcon had something like 46 square holes down the peak from the factory.. a standard drill bit worked for me, on all 46 holes I had to drill.

Well thanks everyone. I'm a retired machinist tool maker. I could try 1 hole in some scrap sheet metal. Or I could drill a smaller hole and hand file the slot. Very time consuming but I know I could do it. 

15 hours ago, Whons said:

I found out that a .500 hole fits snugly on the oblong plastic stud. Will save me a lot of filing.

You could also grind the plastic to a circle and the hole you drill will be smaller???  

The oval stud is hollow on the back, so that won't work..  I'll go with the . 500 hole and put some silicone and press it in. It's pretty snug in a .500 hole.