Battery

I've had good luck with NAPA, then moved to AC Delcos after the ones in my 2011 & 2013 cars still had their original batteries until a year or so ago. I simply changed them out out of caution, but they tested out good with my Midtronics battery tester. I still have the battery from the 2013 & use it in the enclosed trailer to power up the winch.

I've used the C-Tek battery tenders for a lot of years now, and think that may also help them last as long as they have.

• Like 2

A lot of batteries are now coming out of Korea, but are supposedly made to client specifications ( as they were when they were manufactured here by Douglas and Johnson Control ). The AC Delco’s are nice and heavy compared to a lot of the others I pick up, but then I only mess with the top tier professional grade not the discount AC Delco’s. You can get a bad one from any brand, just like parts but remember average life span is 2 1/2- 3 1/2 years. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Dtret said:

just like parts but remember average life span is 2 1/2- 3 1/2 years. 

I got some good ones for sure, at 10 years old. Even the one in my Monte now is nearly 4 years old, seems to be going strong. But like you said, it's a good one, got it right from my GM dealer (as all the other Delco's in the rest of the cars).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jft69z said:

I got some good ones for sure, at 10 years old. Even the one in my Monte now is nearly 4 years old, seems to be going strong. But like you said, it's a good one, got it right from my GM dealer (as all the other Delco's in the rest of the cars).

That’s what I sell , dealer grade. The good stuff. 

• Like 2

The one in my 2013 GMC is the original one. Had it tested last year at the dealership and was told it is good.  I’ve had my 72 for 10 years and am on my fourth one now

• Like 2

I came home from nationals several years back turned car off in driveway came around and opened door and car was dead. I messed with that thing for over a week checking everything and turned out to be battery.  It really wasn't that old at the time. I went to Walmart got the biggest that would fit in the battery box (was almost 900 CCA? It's been in there ever since I looked at the date on it the beginning of this year and it's 2012 guess I got good life out of it and it's still in there. Yea I know living on borrowed time. Always use a battery tender in the winter.

• Like 4

I usually just buy batteries at Wal-Mart.  Usually the Higher End Everstart MAXX.  Wal-Mart's Batteries are Made by Exide and are just as good as most batteries out there unless you spend big bucks and buy an Optima Gel or a HIGH END AGM.  I get a good warranty and Walmarts are everywhere, and I'm cheap! LOL  I also like Interstate and use them exclusively in my Boat because when I'm out on the water, I don't like being stranded and Interstate Batteries are Legendary for reliability and they do last a very long time.  I've had them last 8 years and still going strong.  I use Interstate in my gooseneck trailer to power my fuel tank and my winch.  So Yea, Wal-Mart or Interstate.  A lot of times I'll buy a Wal-Mart just out of convenience because sometimes I have to figure out who carries Interstate Batteries near me and if they have stock, whereas if I just want to get it now, I can go to any Wal-Mart and pick one up.  They even had the correct size battery for my 1970 Monte in stock, when I bought mine the guy had one in there that was way too big for the tray.  I agree with Dennis, tenders are definitely battery savers.  Use them!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dtret said:

The tenders are definitely battery savers. I pull all mine for winter. I have a 20 battery tender in the basement. 

wow!  how true!! I hadn't used one until recently and  no matter how long between starts the batt cranks amazingly...highly recommended

• Like 2