4 speed registry

overdrive

I'm starting a factory 4 speed registry for '70 and '71s. It's free and no VIN or personally identifiable information will be shared anywhere without permission. Only cars with proof of being factory equipped with a 4 speed will be included. If you have a factory 4 speed Monte, or had one, please post the information here, or please send it to me in a PM, by email, or by text message. 

Thank you to the few that have already sent me their information.

Dan

573-248-1389

dpjfabts3@gmail.com

• Like 4
  • Thank You! 2

Thanks, Vaughn! Much appreciated.

Maybe we can eventually figure out the production number question for '71. 

Dan

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Build sheet for a 1970 I had, sadly I sold this one and it ended up in Ohio I think. Found the build sheet in the back of the drivers bucket seat.

Dennis, I noticed this is from the same plant as yours and with a red "M"

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG

• Like 3

1971 Canadian Built 402 4 speed. GM of Canada notes that 66 in total with the M20 but does not indicate the engine size. If you remove the 42 small blocks with the M20, I would guess that the remaining 24 would have been with the 402 motor. 

The 3 Canadian built Montes that I have posted all had painted tops, 2 with the D99 option and the other was a solid color without the trim. 

IMG_20230710_1637372.jpg

• Like 3

The way I read the production stats on those last three sheets posted by Vaughn is the total built in Canada just for the US market and not the total built in Canada.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Dan,

Just read your post. I own a 1971 Monte Carlo 402 factory 4 speed .Primary color is original sandalwood with vinyl top. All numbers matching and yes I am aware that it is 1 of 80 produced .This car was ordered with A/C delete and is in as close to pristine as it can get. Car has been completely restored and runs very well. Last six of vin is 188715. I

absolutely love this car as I have owned a 1970 and two 1972s in the past. This is the first 4 speed that I have ever seen other than the one that sold at Mecum last year for 90k

• Like 4

Hi Dan. 

I also have a 71 402 4speed. Original configuration is classic copper, dark saddle interior, and white vinyl top. No build sheet found, Baltimore car. Engine, trans vins match car vin.

Hope to get back onto its restoration this spring. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, backintime said:

Hi Dan,

Just read your post. I own a 1971 Monte Carlo 402 factory 4 speed .Primary color is original sandalwood with vinyl top. All numbers matching and yes I am aware that it is 1 of 80 produced .This car was ordered with A/C delete and is in as close to pristine as it can get. Car has been completely restored and runs very well. Last six of vin is 188715. I

absolutely love this car as I have owned a 1970 and two 1972s in the past. This is the first 4 speed that I have ever seen other than the one that sold at Mecum last year for 90k

Welcome to the site Bryan, we'd love to see your car. Lots of knowledge here someone here knows everything about these cars.

4 hours ago, backintime said:

Hi Dan,

Bryan, welcome to your post here on the boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.  If you decide to join as a dues paying member we would love to see you and your Monte at our Eastern Meet in Carlisle, PA next June.  As of right now we have 51 or 52 members signed up to attend.  It is the best way to meet a large number of our members and see the most First Gen Monte's all in one place at one time.

rob

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, backintime said:

.I am trying to figure out the photos and will be posting pics soon Thanks again.

I sent you a private message with my phone number.  Give me a call tomorrow and I'll get you going. 

• Like 3

On 12/11/2023 at 1:44 PM, backintime said:

Hi Dan,

Welcome, and thanks for the information. I hope that once you get a little more familiar with the site that you'll start a thread telling us more about your car and post the photos. Sounds like an excellent car. I had a '71  w/350 auto. that was Sandalwood with a brown vinyl top, black interior. What color is your top?

What assembly plant built your car? 

Dan

• Like 3

On 12/11/2023 at 5:49 PM, MC1of80 said:

Hi Dan. 

I also have a 71 402 4speed. Original configuration is classic copper, dark saddle interior, and white vinyl top. No build sheet found, Baltimore car. Engine, trans vins match car vin.

Hope to get back onto its restoration this spring. 

Mine was also produced in Baltimore and has black interior

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have two 

1970 triple green 402 4 speed with an M21. 

1971 402 4 speed Muslane blue, Black top, sandalwood interior with an M20. 

• Like 4

Kevin, We need to get you signed up to attend the Eastern Meet.  As of now we have 66 members signed up.  I saw in another post that you would be willing to trailer other members cars to a meet.... why now you own, we would love to meet you and this Eastern Meet would be a great one to to meet the most members all at one time and better yet to see the most First Gen Monte's all in one place at one time.

rob

• Like 5