Z28 rims for my 70 Monte

16 minutes ago, willie said:

Same here Dennis!!! Even though i am not a big fan of the PO2s!!

Agreed. Kinda ugly. lol. But they will stay. Especially now with the ugly white walls. 😝

• Like 1

my 70 came with Uniroyal G70 15's. At that time Uniroyal was not noted for having very good tires but between me and my buddy who bought the car off of me we 45,000 miles out of em

Reading these posts reminds me of when I still had the original thin single white sidewall Goodyear G70x15 tires on my 71. A friend of mine (His name is also Bruce) bought a new 71 SS 454 Monte Carlo, about 5 or 6 months after I got my Monte. Not that long after he got it, he bought new Michelin radial tires! The ride and control was so much better, I couldn't wait to get some for my Monte. Now someday when I need to replace the tires I have now, (Almost 8 years old) the hard part will probably be finding the single thin white stripe. I do still have the original spare tire in the trunk!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, stangeba said:

Reading these posts reminds me of when I still had the original thin single white sidewall Goodyear G70x15 tires on my 71. A friend of mine (His name is also Bruce) bought a new 71 SS 454 Monte Carlo, about 5 or 6 months after I got my Monte. Not that long after he got it, he bought new Michelin radial tires! The ride and control was so much better, I couldn't wait to get some for my Monte. Now someday when I need to replace the tires I have now, (Almost 8 years old) the hard part will probably be finding the single thin white stripe. I do still have the original spare tire in the trunk!

BFG makes a tire called silverstar. Right around 400 each. I wanted the thinner white wall for the 72 but not paying that. The ones I bought are about 1/8 inch wider. Close enough and saved 320 a tire. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

BFG makes a tire called silverstar. Right around 400 each. I wanted the thinner white wall for the 72 but not paying that. The ones I bought are about 1/8 inch wider. Close enough and saved 320 a tire. 

What did you get Dennis as i totally forgot about the tires, with all the stuff i have going on!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, willie said:

What did you get Dennis as i totally forgot about the tires, with all the stuff i have going on!!

Nexan AH5. Probably not the best tire but it will be out of date before it has any miles on it anyway. I got all 4 tires with mounting and balancing for 400 bucks. I gave them 100 tip. My customers love me. lol. 

IMG_7134.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Nexan AH5. Probably not the best tire but it will be out of date before it has any miles on it anyway. I got all 4 tires with mounting and balancing for 400 bucks. I gave them 100 tip. My customers love me. lol. 

IMG_7134.jpeg

Dennis, that is the same tire brand I have.  My only complaint is how well they handle at higher speeds on a highway with a lot of curves.  She feels like they want to break free as I wind through those bends.

rob

44 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Dennis, that is the same tire brand I have.  My only complaint is how well they handle at higher speeds on a highway with a lot of curves.  She feels like they want to break free as I wind through those bends.

rob

Thanks for the info. I’ll get it out and try them. I think I’ll probably have other issues so I don’t expect to hit them high speeds. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got these wheels on the 1970 Monte. They look good. The sun didn’t cooperate with me when I was taking photos at the beach.

IMG_2504.jpeg

IMG_2506.jpeg

IMG_2509.jpeg

• Like 5