Undoing transmission lines

I agree some of the snap on stuff is way better and worth the money.  I bought a 3/8 blue point air ratchet years ago still works great, one of my favorite tools. Also have 2 3/8 snap on impact wrenchs great little tools. Have a lot of there other stuff too from back when I worked in shops.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I agree some of the snap on stuff is way better and worth the money.  I bought a 3/8 blue point air ratchet years ago still works great, one of my favorite tools. Also have 2 3/8 snap on impact wrenchs great little tools. Have a lot of there other stuff too from back when I worked in shops.

You just have to pick and choose what tools are worth the investment. There are some tools in their catalog/truck that are just just as functional if you get OTC or Lisle, etc branded tools. In some cases, they are EXACTLY identical, as I'm sure you already have seen, lol.

snapon van.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 10:58 PM, Canuck said:

I managed to get them loose with open end wrenches. Those fittings were tight!

Stir in equal parts of penetrating oil, patience, and finesse....simmer gently, when ready, add old car...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 71SSclone said:

Thanks for the info, Joe. I'll have to keep an eye out for a used set. Can't really see me spending over 1k for new set of Snap On, especially now that Im retired.

I agree.

Keep an eye on ebay, I've gotten some pretty good deals on SnapOn stuff over the years that way. Even if it breaks, the warranty is still in effect, regardless of where you got it from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

I agree.

Keep an eye on ebay, I've gotten some pretty good deals on SnapOn stuff over the years that way. Even if it breaks, the warranty is still in effect, regardless of where you got it from.

Just like Craftsman. Lol. 

if you can find a place to warranty crafstman. you can buy them new and get some replacements at lowes OR play email game with crafstman the 1 800 number doesnt work. im still buying over priced snap on

On 11/5/2023 at 11:47 AM, Dtret said:

Just like Craftsman. Lol. 

Craftsman by Sears, er no 🤔, by K mart , er no 🤔, Lowe’s ? Er who knows, ????

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Searsman said:

Craftsman by Sears, er no 🤔, by K mart , er no 🤔, Lowe’s ? Er who knows, ????

I grew up with craftsman by sears, never had an issue with replacements with new.  When I started seeing them in Kmart that's when you got replacements with refurbished. I haven't broken a Kobalt tool (yet I know I just jinxed myself) Ive broken a Husky socket, went to HD and the guy said just go get another, if there are not singles bring me a kit with that socket and I'll swap it for ya. Snap on isnt going do help be be a better wrench turner at this point in life 🤣

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Grant MacPherson said:

Wow,  this was quite the thread to follow.  From how do I get this line off to go with a 4 speed, to I hate working on cars to which tools are best. What a hoot! That alone makes the membership well worth the money. 

Hijacking at its best. The good thing is we generally always get the subject of the topic handled. Do you realize how short and stagnant these posts would be without our additional input.? Lol. 😝😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 months later...

I saw this earlier today, this seems like the right thread to add it to.

Adjustable Crow Foot Wrenches....😁

FB_IMG_1707388661571.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6