Undoing transmission lines

I am working on pulling the engine/trans and can’t get the two trans lines undone from the tranny. If I get the flare wrench on there the space is too tight to get any leverage. Is there a special tool for this?

Regular, and tubing crow foots below.

Still a P.I.T.A. at times, but these wrenches have worked for me as well on trans lines, etc. 

20231103_002911.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DragCat said:

When I did mine I had to swap between 2 different sets 🤪As mentioned a pita 

Absolutely, especially when the nut if off by about 2 degrees, and nothing will fit, lol. I have metric 6 & 12 point crows feet too, that occasionally are needed to get in odd places.

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I got the crows foot flair wrenchs when I was doing my power steering hoses they work well.

The flare nut sockets work on power steering lines sometimes, but again, may take a combination of tools to get them on & off. 

I hate working on cars... 

20231103_070804.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rob Peters said:

:hijack:

Look at Joe and Dennis trying to get their post counts up to earn more silly badges.

Rob

I can’t earn any more badges , I’m maxed out. 
Grand Master ( of b.s.). Lol. 
At least we’re on the subject of cars. Lol. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

:hijack:

Look at Joe and Dennis trying to get their post counts up to earn more silly badges.

Rob

Not necessary, I'm maxed out too. I could probably drop Dennis back down to zero though, 🤣:k

6 minutes ago, Dtret said:

At least we’re on the subject of cars. Lol. 

LOL, that's a change from the normal for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you're planning on replacing the lines anyways, just snip them off close to the nut and use a deep socket...... 

To save yourself the hassle of re installing them, I'm sure there's a nice selection of 4 and 5 speed manual transmissions that you'd like to try out. ;)

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Not necessary, I'm maxed out too. I could probably drop Dennis back down to zero though, 🤣:k

LOL, that's a change from the normal for us.

I’m used to starting over. I get knocked down and I get up. Story of my life. Lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 71SSclone said:

So who makes these flare nut sockets? Might have to add them to my collection.

Those ones are from SnapOn. You won't like the price though (Luckily, I got them paid for, when I worked in the chemical industry).

SAE:

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Flare-Nut-(Flank-Drive)%2C-inches%2C-Chrome/7-pc-3-8"-Drive-6-Point-SAE-Flank-Drive-Flare-Nut-Socket-Set-(3%2F8-3%2F4")/207FRX

Metric set:

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Flare-Nut-(Flank-Drive)%2C-mm%2C-Chrome/10-pc-3-8"-Drive-6-Point-Metric-Flank-Drive-Flare-Nut-Socket-Set-(10-19-mm)/210FRXM

A search on Amazon has a bunch of different options, styles, etc. Seems like most of the above style offerings are metric sizes though.

Amazon search

Google has a lot as well:

Google search:

• Like 1

If buying anything from snap-on you’re not going to like the price. But some tools you can’t go cheap on quality. These sockets would be one. I can see a cheap set breaking and someone losing a lot of skin. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

If buying anything from snap-on you’re not going to like the price. But some tools you can’t go cheap on quality. These sockets would be one. I can see a cheap set breaking and someone losing a lot of skin. 

Yea I only have a 1/4 snap on socket set and a few of their screw drivers. And that's why I keep bandages in the garage 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DragCat said:

And that's why I keep bandages in the garage 🤣

I'm sure they'll sell you some appropriately over priced bandages as well. 

• Haha 3