Vehicle Insurance

Dtret

This pertains to your everyday vehicles. I just received my renewal notice and I found that the rates went up about 25 percent. I’m curious if this is something that all companies are doing?  I use Allstate. I’m looking for feedback before I blow a gasket on my agent. Thanks. 

• Sad 1

We had Allstate for our home and normal auto's until this past summer.  Out rates had gotten way too high.  I am a AAA member and checked into their rates.  We are saving well over $1000 since going to AAA

rob

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Dtret said:

This pertains to your everyday vehicles. I just received my renewal notice and I found that the rates went up about 25 percent. I’m curious if this is something that all companies are doing?  I use Allstate. I’m looking for feedback before I blow a gasket on my agent. Thanks. 

I have state farm .my rates have stayed the same. My house is with them as well.very reasonable... I never looked into aaa as Rob said.. I am a member as well.

• Thank You! 1

USAA has been good for me for the past 5 years. I have no loyalty to any insurance company. Shop around. 

My Daughter thinks State Farm is her friend… They only charged $2400 per year for their new Polaris side by side. True ownership of these companies would surprise most of us. 

Another discussion for another time. 

I’ve got State Farm also. Probably 40 years now. Have all my cars with them. I have their classic car insurance for the Camaro & Monte with an agreed value on both. Only issue was a 65% increase on the homeowners which I was able to bring down to about a 25% by lowering the coverage a little. I was over insured by quite a bit. They and a few others stopped writing new homeowner policies in California due to the fires. I’m grandfathered in for now. Occasionally I’ll check with the other companies but they can’t beat them. Everything costs more out here.

• Thank You! 1

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

We had Allstate for our home and normal auto's until this past summer.  Out rates had gotten way too high.  I am a AAA member and checked into their rates.  We are saving well over $1000 since going to AAA

rob

Thanks. I’m also a AAA member and was going to look into them. 

I have Allstate, I think I got 2 $40 dollar discounts during covid. 

I tried USAA, rates were higher, agent said they would come down over time 🙃 Even tried Geico, no savings.

When I got the suburban, Allstate said I could save $$$ downloading the driving app. I told the agent the state troopers and sheriffs office monitor my driving, I didn't need an app. She didn't see the humor 🤣

• Haha 5

my american family secratary told me to check out grange, there awesome ,also helped pay my sons insurance with aaa and saved 50% paying for the whole year ,  one of the reasons why rates are going up is because the price of materials ,etc to rebuild a house and car have gone up, roger

I understand all the product prices have gone up, heck everything has gone up. Except my salary, lol. I was curious because I have 6 vehicles insured and hardly drive them. I have a company truck. So I was just curious about other companies. Haggerty, Grundy, etc will only insure if they are stored in a locked garage. So that’s two. Leaving 4. ( I currently have no classic insurance)  I just think 2100 bucks every 6 months is a lot. 100,000/300,000 general and 500 dollar deductible collision plus 10,000/ person medical. My buddy in Michigan pays double that. He’s saying I’m good. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I understand all the product prices have gone up, heck everything has gone up. Except my salary, lol. I was curious because I have 6 vehicles insured and hardly drive them. I have a company truck. So I was just curious about other companies. Haggerty, Grundy, etc will only insure if they are stored in a locked garage. So that’s two. Leaving 4. ( I currently have no classic insurance)  I just think 2100 bucks every 6 months is a lot. 100,000/300,000 general and 500 dollar deductible collision plus 10,000/ person medical. My buddy in Michigan pays double that. He’s saying I’m good. 

Price what you have now in NYC or one of the 5 boroughs. You will be MORE than happy for what you are paying. Just saying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m in California in a smash and grab zoned area, I also have a Kia. To top it off California insurance has mileage expiration on their policies and most don’t even know that. I have the Kia insured for 30k miles a year which is quite a bump too.  My rates jumped up a lot the last year but I have farmers and they have always come through for me. No tickets and one accident in 2021 that raised my premium $360 a year even though I was found not at fault. But they totaled my car and overpaid me about $6,000 so it’s all good.

USAA has been very, very good to me over the years. I have heard for new customers the premiums were higher, however the service you get from them in the event of a claim is pretty much immediate and more than fair. I have everything through them which helps as well with the rates. Not only that but every year I get a December profit share refund that normally covers my bill for the month. 

• Like 1

Been with State Farm since the 70s. Yes , rates have increased about 25 % over the last two years. Have 7 policies with them including house and blgds. I complained but to no avail. There answer was two fold” 1. Well, sorry, but the price of parts has increased much more than that “. 2. Well, sorry. That’s what boys with toys should expect to pay “. Ha!. Appraisals have increased last two years also, which increases taxes as well.. worked hard to get this house and “toys”.. as they say. Evidently I’m being penalized for having , “things”… just saying. Ron

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Searsman said:

Been with State Farm since the 70s. Yes , rates have increased about 25 % over the last two years. Have 7 policies with them including house and blgds. I complained but to no avail. There answer was two fold” 1. Well, sorry, but the price of parts has increased much more than that “. 2. Well, sorry. That’s what boys with toys should expect to pay “. Ha!. Appraisals have increased last two years also, which increases taxes as well.. worked hard to get this house and “toys”.. as they say. Evidently I’m being penalized for having , “things”… just saying. Ron

Well said Ron. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Price what you have now in NYC or one of the 5 boroughs. You will be MORE than happy for what you are paying. Just saying. 

No , I totally get it. Wouldn’t want to pay them rates. I’m more looking at the percentage of rate hike then the actual dollar amount. 

• Like 2

went through AAA (member also) they steered me to travelers for home and cars. prices got a notice 2 months after renewal prices going up. not happy with them to begin with made me do xtra stuff around house or they would drop me. last insurance co never said anything 

• Like 1