1971 MC front grill emblem

Traveler

• jft69z changed the title to 1971 MC front grill emblem

https://koniksklassiks.com/product/71-monte-hood-emblem-assembly-1654/

Since these may no longer be available, has anybody restored their original emblem? The plating and metal on mine are good, but the paint under the clear plastic has faded. I bet a heat gun could loosen the adhesive without distorting the plastic.

Plastic ????

The original emblem on Montelishi is chromed pot metal. (Still not sure how a '71 emblem found it's way onto a '70 grill.) But all the red had faded off.  

The repro parts are all plastic now, but not that long ago they were still metal. Must be a big demand for them ??? 

24 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

Plastic ????

The original emblem on Montelishi is chromed pot metal. (Still not sure how a '71 emblem found it's way onto a '70 grill.) But all the red had faded off.  

The repro parts are all plastic now, but not that long ago they were still metal. Must be a big demand for them ??? 

On my 71 emblem the red is covered by a clear plastic cover, keeping you from repainting it. I assume the new stuff is still pot metal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

https://koniksklassiks.com/product/71-monte-hood-emblem-assembly-1654/

Since these may no longer be available, has anybody restored their original emblem? The plating and metal on mine are good, but the paint under the clear plastic has faded. I bet a heat gun could loosen the adhesive without distorting the plastic.

I know some who have successfully removed the clear plastic insert, repainted it and reinstalled the plastic.

• Like 2

I got an attention to detail certificate at the 2022 Eastern meet and they had those grill emblems on their site for sale. 100 $ . Can’t remember the site now but I bet Rob can remember, as. He procured the certificates from them.. Ron...

1 hour ago, Searsman said:

I got an attention to detail certificate at the 2022 Eastern meet and they had those grill emblems on their site for sale. 100 $ . Can’t remember the site now but I bet Rob can remember, as. He procured the certificates from them.. Ron...

That would be Konik's Klassiks .  Leo is a member of the club 

rob

• Like 1

Below is the the information about Konik's Klassiks

Phone: (810) 334-4162 (Michigan)
E-mail: leo@koniksklassiks.com
Web Page: www.koniksklassiks.com
Leo Konik has many new and used 70-72 Monte Carlo parts including NOS and used sheetmetal, bumpers, grilles, frames, suspension, glass, seats, front and rear door panels, consoles, and trim.

rob

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Below is the the information about Konik's Klassiks

Phone: (810) 334-4162 (Michigan)
E-mail: leo@koniksklassiks.com
Web Page: www.koniksklassiks.com
Leo Konik has many new and used 70-72 Monte Carlo parts including NOS and used sheetmetal, bumpers, grilles, frames, suspension, glass, seats, front and rear door panels, consoles, and trim.

rob

Thanks called and left a voice mail

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2023 at 1:39 PM, MC-71 said:

It’s been discontinued byTrim Parts. 

WOW, I'm glad I purchased one several years ago!