Non-black interiors

As the owner of 1970 with a black interior, I always get blown away that they made other colors.  Has anyone created a "Show us your non-black interior" thread?  I could drool over the other colors for a long time!  I especially geek on the all of the many little pieces they had to make in the the different color plastics. 

• Like 1

I remember when I placed my very first post, another member, '714024Speed' (Kevin Ferrante) said this about the dark saddle interior, made me laugh at the time:

The dark saddle interior grows on you, when I first got my 72 I was not in love with the color, but now I'm in like with it. lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dtret said:

My 70SS in not so nice state. My 71SS done. My 72 Custom is black so I won’t post that one. lol. 

Awesome!

• Like 1

Anything but GREEN!!  I remember those interior colors back in the day. I know, I know, that is a color that grows on you every time you sit down into it. Mine is a '72   with black, cloth like, but nicer.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

Anything but GREEN!!  I remember those interior colors back in the day. I know, I know, that is a color that grows on you every time you sit down into it. Mine is a '72   with black, cloth like, but nicer.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Yea I never liked the green.  I had a 71 caprice bought new by my mother in law and stayed in the family I actually owned the car twice before I was the final owner and scrapped the car but still have the motor (sb400) in my garage. It had green interior and she had the clear seat covers put on at the dealer and seats were still very good even the rest of it was a rust bucket but the ugly green. I loved the car just not the color triple green.

I think the green looks pretty nice. Nice looking car Wesley ( or Wes if you prefer). I think I mentioned this before but your just a ways down the road from me. 

• Like 3

My 70 was born with dark green interior. The first picture is from the guy I bought it from. New carpet, cleaned up the entire interior and new carpet on the door panels. I was asked if I would change out the interior to black, the answer was No, Thats the way it came and it's dark green so most people that see the car think it's black at first look.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

IMG_20220213_1926170.jpg

IMG_20220213_1926093.jpg

• Like 8

As close as I ever came.

Bought these, haven't used them yet.................

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

• Like 4

Reminds me of going to the Drive-In....................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dtret said:

I think the green looks pretty nice. Nice looking car Wesley ( or Wes if you prefer). I think I mentioned this before but your just a ways down the road from me. 

Quit stalking!

Next thing, you’ll be driving past his house wearing a sock puppet on your shifting hand, a box of candy on the dashboard and a puppy in the passenger seat. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Quit stalking!

Next thing, you’ll be driving past his house wearing a sock puppet on your shifting hand, a box of candy on the dashboard and a puppy in the passenger seat. 

I don’t have a white windowless van. Yet. 

• Haha 7

I just bought a complete interior out of a BMW E90 sedan off of FB Marketplace, cheap!! It's their version of the saddle brown color. I'm going to see if the front seats work out (swap for the black bench with a giant driver side tear). And I plan to pull the fabric off of the rear E90 seat to see if I can somehow blend it in with the rear bench seat. The door panels are likely throwaway but who knows!

I will start a dedicated thread for this effort. Should be hilarious!

Screenshot_20240320-072152-060.png

Screenshot_20240320-072131-873.png

• Like 2

Brendan, i would guess there is going to be a lot of massaging there. But i think it would be pretty cool!   I am sure there will be times you are not going to think it will be hilarious!!!   lol    Good Luck!!    Can't wait to see it when your done.

• Like 1

@willie, agreed. This will be a challenge for sure. I have essentially zero experience redoing seats or sewing / glueing fabric. And to the merit of @John Burns intent of this thread, it's a non-black interior ... sort of ... it will be a black / saddle-brown hybrid, which I generally like in modern cars (I don't have any modern cars, haha)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stangeba said:

As close as I ever came.

Bought these, haven't used them yet.................

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Nice!  Love that detail- what is the material on the seat and seat back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I just bought a complete interior out of a BMW E90 sedan off of FB Marketplace, cheap!! It's their version of the saddle brown color. I'm going to see if the front seats work out (swap for the black bench with a giant driver side tear). And I plan to pull the fabric off of the rear E90 seat to see if I can somehow blend it in with the rear bench seat. The door panels are likely throwaway but who knows!

I will start a dedicated thread for this effort. Should be hilarious!

Screenshot_20240320-072152-060.png

Screenshot_20240320-072131-873.png

Now THAT is ambitious!  The trick would be to make the whole interior look like it was born that way!  Good luck!

• Like 1

I knew I'd get some flak on green interiors. I do like green on green on green Monte's though !! Wes , one fine looking Monte! Always liked those wheels on them too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those green interiors- the steering wheels and consoles were also green?  How many different colors did they have?