My 76

Searsman

One of the best cars I ever owned, after driving a 68 falcon, 67 vw bug, and a 62 dodge dart, this car was like driving a dream car . Even tho I prefer the first generation now, I alway liked the 4 headlight system.. IMG_2614.thumb.jpeg.51296235f14c26f7ad7a559804f0f8d8.jpegsomeone has an 77 and brought it to the 2022 Carlisle meet. Was in excellent condition.. 77 was my favorite second gen… Monte…

• Like 7

I had a 76 Cutlass S. Those GM colonnade cars drove very nice. Mine had the upgraded suspension.

• Like 5

Had a '76 Grand Prix SJ with a 400 cid and all the options back in the day....... Wonderful highway cruiser. It always felt safe to ride in. :)

• Like 3

Dad had a 77 GP SJ. 400, th400, 10 bolt posi that he bought new. Was a daily driver till it no longer wasn't. 

PXL_20210618_140043686.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2024 at 9:25 PM, MC1of80 said:

Dad had a 77 GP SJ. 400, th400, 10 bolt posi that he bought new. Was a daily driver till it no longer wasn't. 

PXL_20210618_140043686.jpg

I love this! Is that your Dad behind the wheel?

• Like 2

I wanted 76 or 77 when I was in High School but I could not afford a car like that, so I bought my 71 for $1,425.00. The rest is history!!

• Like 7

16 hours ago, sbarnette said:

I love this! Is that your Dad behind the wheel?

Yes it is dad behind the wheel when he was still with us.  😓

• Like 5

I got a 73 GP for the wife before we got married. She loved it!!  My Farther In-law and I loved it too with that extra long nose. Thank God she never needed the nose as she is a pretty good driver. A giant step up from the 70 nova family car she used to drive back then!!  She is not a car girl and now drives a honda!!! lol

• Like 5

Don’t feel bad Willie, Karen drives a Subaru. And before you guys start , she is NOT a multi colored flag person. lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Don’t feel bad Willie, Karen drives a Subaru. And before you guys start , she is NOT a multi colored flag person. lol. 

A "Subie"....... As my brother in law likes to be called.  :k

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yes '75 thru  '77 second gens sure were nice looking and great riding cars... there were a bunch of them roaming the neighborhood 'back in the day'... but for absolute class and style, nothing like a first gen...    and a guy had a silver and black '72 grand prix...that car was awesome also...

• Like 1

A Friend of mine had a gran prix nice car, my brother in law had a 70 monte that's when I fell in love with them. Almost bought a 72 a bunch of years ago but I thought the guy wanted to much for it and I didn't trust him so I ended up with my 71 17 years ago, been working on it ever since. Didn't need full restoration but a lot of work but was a driver when I bought it and been driving it every summer since then. It's a driver not a show car although it shows well for what it is.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I learned how to drive in my mom's '75 Monte Carlo, Silver with a red vinyl top and a red interior ( back when they had other colors other than grey/black/ebony)
I put a CB radio in, call sign KCR8847, the Silver Bullet. Those were the days of our youth...

• Like 4

Im on Hagertys mailing list of automotive news. They did an article titled 5 classics defying a soft market. 73-77 Montes were on that list and are up 24%.