What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today showeled the snow off them monte than i spent 2 hours looking for Valve cover bolts and speaders. found 7 of the 8. got them painted now waiting on the rust-oleum to dry,

Got my seats installed after I recovered them, went with vinyl and left the buttons of previous where cloth. I think they turned out pretty good.

Pics are in the link below not sure if I can just take the pictures from there and post them in here.

http://www.73-77olds.com/forums/album.php?albumid=179

Leo

Started putting my front suspension back together. New MOOG coil springs and upper control arm bushings. With no weight in the front. It is a pain in the Butt to put them Springs in. mad

Back at it tomorrow.

Tony, can you rent or borrow a spring compressor?

Bruce

Started putting my front suspension back together. New MOOG coil springs and upper control arm bushings. With no weight in the front. It is a pain in the Butt to put them Springs in. mad

Back at it tomorrow.

Tony, spring compressor is a must also try bracing the frame to a roof truss or cieling joist. You definetly need something to hold the frame down while jacking the control arm up. I used a truck bed cargo bar to brace mine down, see pics. I thought either the bar was going to break or the wood above, but neither did & worked just fine.

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

You could put the jack out the front like in Cory's picture and chain the frame to the jack. Just make sure it is a good chain or cable.

Good luck. Be safe. I've seen these fly across the shop before. The landing usually isn't a pleasant site.

You could put the jack out the front like in Cory's picture and chain the frame to the jack. Just make sure it is a good chain or cable.

That works good too, but if your frame is freshly painted the chains may tear your paint up. As Scott said BE CAREFUL, its definetly a hazardous job.

I Got them together this Morning. I went a rented one from OReilly's Auto. Was a nice Tool to use to. I compressed them enough to where I just had to put pressure down on the upper control Arms to start the castle nuts. Last time I used a ratchet strap to bring them together when I replaced the upper ball joints, but couldn't find one in my garage. Thanks for all the Help and Ideas guy's.

I had the thing pop apart on me a few times. The last time one of the pins that hold the hooks in place on the compressor popped out and the hook went flying up and landed behind my work bench. I found the pin for the compressor over on the other side of the garage. on my Lift. The side I was putting in to. Thank The Lord it didnt end up going towards me.

believe it or not, I found and got the rear fiber optics installed and working for the convertible today properly and also working of Electro Tip Wipers for it too... smile

Darren

HOLY COW THAT LOOKS GREAT DAVE SITTING OUTSIDE.......... BLACK CORRECT ??

Code 68 Midnight Bronze.

Great color..looks black in low light, and plenty of gold metalic in the sun.

call it a beer bottle brown!

Dave, I just gotta ask, how'd you set the exhaust tips without the bumper hung on the car?

Paul no tips yet, actually the tailpipes are not attached to their rear frame hangers yet, and are hanging way too low right now.

HOLY COW THAT LOOKS GREAT DAVE SITTING OUTSIDE.......... BLACK CORRECT ??

Geez, I thought maybe somebody stole your body panels while it was sitting outside lol