What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pushed it out of the garage to jump start it eek I never even disconnected the battery this year, may be time to get a battery tender? The battery in the car was the first thing I got for it, so that was the starting point for the snowball lol

Went out for a nice cruise afterwards though, it was so nice to get Monte out and take a ride yay I got to clean up around it in the garage also, now hopefully with the new job ill have some time and energy to whittle away at some little stuff! Of course Alli took it out for arise too while it was outside

Shoulda asked yesterday! I took it for a spin for the first time since I put her to bed last Fall. Today I just got a few pics taken where shes stored.

This next week is going to be awesome for weather but naturally am working. frown

Doug

A/C on. Engine wired, plumbed & detailed. Exhaust completed. Dash in. LED conversion complete. Custom wheels and tires installed. Interior arrived. We are in the final stretch and cranking along. Should be starting her for first time since 2001 in two weeks or so.

Won't make it for Eastern meet but should be done shortly after.

Updated my avatar ..... But do not know how to add other pics.

Dan

Both my Montes got their first wash of the year today. The weather has been fine for a while but been working long hours and just didn't have the time to bath them until today. Felt good. They looked all shiny in the sun sitting in the garage next to each other. smile

0085.JPG

the minivan can wait, LOL. grin

Installed my new carpet this week-end. It was a pain in the a** to install. It is a bit baggy near the backseats. I will try to steam it a little.

Got a pint of touch up paint for the Monte and received sad news frown. Some time soon(not sure when) the do it yourself person will not be able to get paint in VA to paint your car as the EPA is pushing for water base paint. Tomorrow I will be using my pint($131) wisely and touch up some small starches.

Touched up those areas with guidance from Tony last night Starched the paint removing the old rear bbumper002_zpscdd50f97.jpg We chipped this area putting the reproduction hood trim on frown003_zpsf56add0e.jpg Hood all touched up 004_zps74dbf873.jpg Starches all filled in 005_zps2257d783.jpg maybe a light sanding and a buff.

I started it for the first time since last June. She started right up and sounded good. I let it run about 10 minutes.

I keep it stored at a friend's house 38 miles away from my house. This is also the first time I've seen it since last June.

Moved my car down to the body shop I work at to prep & paint in one of our booths. Final fitting & final blocking, will get painted this week.

IMG_20130425_192055_zpsef493a3f.jpg

You ever feel like your arms are going to fall off? They will after block sanding one of these monsters

IMG_20130425_192022_zps4bafd5a6.jpg

IMG_20130425_191956_zps7f4a6ae4.jpg

Check this out, I kinda liked the look

IMG_20130425_192301_zps534610ad.jpg

IMG_20130425_192348_zpsd53f8eba.jpg

I like the tag like that Cory, looks real nice!!

The car is coming along real nice, cant wait to see it done (What color is that your spraying it? I love it!)

I remember blocking my hood, it definately is a workout! The quarters arent too much fun either lol

Actually now that I think of it, I dont think I have been in nearly as good a shape as when I was blocking my Monte down, cardio at its best!