What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sam. My plan for this summer is to make it a 383 stroker. Primarily street car. Would be happy with about 400hp. Was more curious about the 2 or 4 bolt than anything else. I will find out soon enough.

Craig

You have a PM. - Dave

Replaced shoulder harness belts with correct ones, replaced front grille crest emblem and ordered interior paint for my front door arm rests and any other interior stuff that might need attention.

Looks like rain is a coming so put the car away until more favorable weather.

Doug

Had Jim mount and balance my new mt 295 55 15s earlier this week on my center lines and I bought some cleaning supplies to get ready for the meet.

I had my kids help me pull the hood, front fenders and rad support off so I can make this Summit alum radiator fit (2" too tall, Dad bought it over 2 years ago, doubt they'd exchange it now lol) Yanked the master cylinder and vacuum booster to prep for paint, reman booster had gold paint on it that was flaking off and looked awful when Dad put it on there anyways. I'm thinking semi-gloss black or hammertone grey.

Stopped by my buddys garage and helped him finish up puttin the powerglide back in his 55 Chev gasser. Probably head to the drags with him tomorrow to see if it can break an ATI case, factory cases didn't have a chance behind an alchohol injected 540 BBC!

Drove the '70 all day today. Have not had that much fun in a while. Not much else to compare to going down the road in an original first gen. BB singing on a beautiful day. Was up around Dayton, Ohio, and everywhere in between. Must have ran at least 300 miles today. Sweet.

Wooo Hoo now drive it a second time and now that you are off cloud nine and listen for any unusual sounds vibes or anything else u can think of. When I redid my engine compartment I did that and found several small items that needed attention.

Changed the oil and filter, topped off all other fluids. Thying to get ready for the drive to Carlisle.

Started making a list of what I need to pack for the trip and started gathering things together and placing things by the basement door so when when I bring the car down Tuesday everything is ready to load into the car.

Come kn Wednesday morning

Rob

Took the 72 to a car show 80 miles away from home. Participant judging so I did not get squat in the awards dept. but one heck of a lot of great looking car comments. Those must have come from the spectators. Had a great time and looking forward to my 9 hour drive next Thur afternoon Fri morn.

Replaced TH400 Tranny fluid pan with another fitted for a Tranny Temp Sensor. Repainted my Driver/Passenger Arm Rests and added chrome trim to each. Reassembled and installed Arm Rests. Painted and installed the Front Seat Harness Guards. Adjusted Rear Center Tail Panel Molding for better secure fit.

PICS...............

100_3638.jpg

100_3637.jpg

100_3636.jpg

100_3635.jpg

I have been told, without pic's it didn't happen!

Doug

Worked on the popping sound coming though the exhaust frown dam this has been a thorn in my side since I did the EFI setup two years ago. Putting new plugs in tomorrow and hopefully change out the Accel super coil to see if that makes a difference.

Took mine to the car show with our club today, saw a lot of nice cars. Then went to a Karbelt Speed shop show this evening with a LOAD or GREAT cars, saw a few Monte's there 2 70's on in dark green ht and another light green with vinyl top, and a 72 bright RED one!!! All in nice shape (ok nicer then mine!!!) cry

And lots of other REALLY COOL rides. Tomorrow is another BIG car show event close to home with a free BREAKFAST..if weather holds out...

This has been an awesome weekend so far...pics to follow...

Scott

Took the air cleaner off and cleaned the K&N element. That thing was really dirty. Should make her breath a lot easier now, run better and maybe even improve the fuel mileage for the trip to Carlisle. Come on Thursday you can't get here fast enough.

Finishing up on the suspension/brake rebuild. Final touchs, repairing & painting the fender lip before the inner fenders go in. I've already spent several hrs test fitting so once the paint has cured, the inners will just bolt right in!!

DSCF1688_zps0453fae4.jpgDSCF1689_zps93c5c8bd.jpgDSCF1691_zps46a70574.jpg

New plugs got installed changed the dist out for a HEI and it's night and day. The car sounds better nice crisp throttle response, even got the rear tires to light up.

You put lights in your rear tires?

Originally Posted By: monte70car
New plugs got installed changed the dist out for a HEI and it's night and day. The car sounds better nice crisp throttle response, even got the rear tires to light up.

You put lights in your rear tires?

Which bulb are you using? Or LED's??

Pulled everything out of the trunk, filled the spare tire with air (down to 11psi) and cleaned all the dead grass and dirt out of there from the many trips since it was done, it's never been cleaned since I put it together.

I went to a local show with fellow member RichG and his wife on Father's Day, only 2 Montes there.We had a great day it was nice to spend it with good friends. Trying to get the energy to do a few more things to the car before Carlisle, I'll see how it goes.