What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Drove it to a cruise night half hour away on Thursday night in a small town called Uxbridge. It was a great night with 175 vehicles.

There was one Monte....mine. smile There was a huge selection of vehicles though and some super nice and unique ones. They really do a nice job on this particular cruise night. Good food available, live band, draw prizes and a 50/50 draw.

Today....nothing but housework and yard work. Tomorrow is another day though and then a Car Show next Sunday. smile

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the 72 to a car show July 4th Got nada. Two different cars got 3 awards each. Went to a cruise in in Danville IN Fri evening and the town square was loaded with vehicles. As soon as a sopt emptied there was another to take it's place. Today went to a local show, there were three classes, Antique, tuck and car. Yours truly received the 1st place in the car category. Came as a total surprise to me. I was already heading back to the car when they called my name.

I was polishing my front bumper tonight and noticed that my parking lenses were looking pretty crappy with some cracks, stars and a hole. I have a couple of extra sets in great but dirty condition so I went at cleaning a set up with a cream polish called FLITZ. They turned out great and look almost new. I'll mount them back on the car before the weekend for the Lindsay Show on Sunday. smile

Flitz is a very good product. Polished my stainless before I reinstalled it on my 72. It would have looked a lot better if I had taken more time but still a great improvement over what I started with.

Hi Larry....I always knew it was a great metal polish but a salesperson for it at Autofest last year told me it also works well on plastic. Is it safe for our bottom trim on our cars?

Yes Larry I have used it on my parking light lenses when I had them apart in April. It also works on painted surfaces as well. I bought a kit that has two polishing wheels and a quart can of Flitz, that was kind of expensive for that kit but with all the money I put in the car that was a drop in the proverbial bucket. LOL LOL Did not quite get to the snowball but came very close.

Started cleaning engine bay and adjusted carb choke as fast/cold start idle was erratic. Continued with carb mixture screws and finished at carb idle adjustment. Think I solved it! crazy Planning to continue more needs as time permits.

Doug

Hey Larry, the group of us from the Oshawa Auto Aces will be there on Sunday. Sadly the Monte will not make an appearance as the top end is torn down for the new goodies. Stumbling block was having to wait an extra 2 days for the new harmonic balancer and time to do it. Looks like I will be down another week or so so have some other plans for the engine bay to get finished.

Yes I will get pics shortly of the rebuild process..once I get the pan dropped and remove the timing cover to replace the gear/chain set.

Hope to have it back together when I get back from my Trip to Toby the following weekend.

Once it is up and running right it will see a LOT more road duty for cruising then it has for the past year frown

See you on Sunday I will have the roadster out as it is before 93 the cut off date for the show....so I have something to park!!! LOL...hey it may be small and not British but it is a hotrod grin

Scott

That's great Scott...I will see you there. I'm looking forward to seeing your Monte again with the upgrades too. smile

I bet you can't wait to be behind the wheel of it again.

Cheers,

Larry

Drove her to work, then cruised around some this evening. I stopped by the guys house that I purchased her from & blew him & his wife away. His wife almost cried. They had a lot of history & memories with the car and they were very glad to see it restored for future memories and another family to enjoy. We talked for quite a while & I learned more about the past of my Monte, very rewarding evening. 2beers

I told him, sorry this aint overhaulin', I didn't bring it back for you to keep and it took me a little longer than 7 days to restore... lol

I drove it to a local cruise night tonight a half hour away after re-installing the parking light lenses. The weather was perfect so there was over 200 cars there. I had the only Monte there again. smile

Topped it up with $60 worth of fuel on the way home and cleaned it up in the driveway before garaging it again. Big car show this Sunday that I'm really looking forward to.

Yes I sure do hope to get it back on the road by the end of the month. I have this show Sunday and then next weekend I am away so couple of nights this week and not again till 2 weekends from now to get back at it (other then the odd night).

Can't wait to have it done and this time to DRIVE IT for the REST of the SEASON everywhere and anywhere grin

That is the hope....

See you Sunday bringing the wifie along for the day hope it is nice!!!!

Scott