What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Hope you get that running soon Chris. Look forward to seeing you and hopefully your car at the Western Meet! Your brother Doug can come along too.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far today I have checked my trans psi for the 700r4 trans off just a little but now it right where it needs to be, so it should have solid shifts once again. Order a new booster and master cylinder for the 4 wheel disc setup think the 83 Trans Am setup is going bad(vacuum leak some where in the brake system).

Took the fam to Bruster's Ice Cream in it last night and a ride into Lexington and back home - beautiful night for a cone and a ride. If the rain holds off here, I have to go out and de-bug the front end.

I had to debug my front end this morning. I drove home from Richmond IN last nite in a deluge and back this morning for the NMCOA meet. Met some nice folks and spent most of the day with Michael and Ann Boyte under their awning on the camper/trailer. Had a great time and going back in the morning to see if I gotsted and awards.

I started installing the wide belt moldings, right sides are on. hopefully will get to the keyless entry system too...that is if I can get the fatmat off the doors crazy thought it was a good idea when I installed it, if anyone has tried to remove fatmat, it ain't easy!!!! eek

photo_5_.JPG

photo_4_.JPG

Looking good Sam! Would a heat gun help release it? Maybe you need a GIANT scraper lol

I fixed my brake problem today yay

Went cruising with the club last night and went out again today. Thanks for that factory A/C. Sure is nice. Love my Monte. Such a fun car to drive and people really like it. One little kid said yesterday that it sure was a wierd looking old car. LOL

I have been working on my '70 for a few months now.

Trying to get the front fender I bought from Sam in Shape.

Worked on my Drivers side door today also.

th_1063847_10200357465802618_468935617_o

th_1039749_10200357464402583_453908503_o

Also I had to replace the left side outer cowl this past winter.

th_398797_4755919379281_666825521_n_zpsc

I miss driving Ole Blue.

Removed driver's side door to replace hinges. Bushings completely shot on upper and lower. Will install the new hinges and door this week. Spent most of the day at son's water polo tournament.

t588.jpg

lxnw.jpg

7kn0.jpg

Check out the bushing on the hinge detent shocked.

Drove her to work today! yay longest drive she's been on since completed, 13 miles each way. Sick of waiting for it to rain, been chance of rain everyday for the past 9 days so I took a chance today that i t might not. So far so good. Built her to drive, I can't wait no more!

Cory my 72 got wet Fri. and Sat. to and fro from Richmond IN. did not hurt the car a bit cleaned up real good after I got home. Also received my new center caps today makes the car look somewhat different.

http://www.firstgenmc.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5288&cat=695

The logo's came from hubcap Joe on e-bay $27.50 (http://www.hubcapjoe.com/)will give you a link to his e-bay sales and the center caps on e-bay. The centers had to be assembled which was no big deal and then I used Weather strip adhesive to make sure they did not fall off. The glue that is on them did not seem to have enough stickiness to them and I do not want them flying off going down the road. The logo's are also available in black for $29.95. I put 200 ads per page and the black ones were on page 2.

Changed the oil sprayed silicone on the darn squeaky poly bushings (have I said how much I regret using them) took a ride to get gas and saw a new Dark Green 2014 Stingray in a parking lot so I parked next to it and took a few pics with my phone. It was a car probably from the from GM Tech Center, with a "Captured test car" sticker on the windshield. Now to figure out how to get the pics off the old cell phone.

Bruce

Fixed my fuel gauge. Loose tan wire on the fuel tank. that was the fastest half a tank of gas I ever when through. smile

Updating the wiring after a 12 si alternator install. Going from 10 ga to 8 ga on the alt feed wire and hot wire from the starter. Pulled the trigger and ordered some Shiney Hiney tail lights. Project for next weekend.

David

Cory, I just got back from taking mine down to wash it off from Carlisle.Isn't it a great feeling to to drive it! Any other bugs to get out of it? It's been the same here,rain,rain,more rain.Now to go and polish it up nice.Enjoy the "new " ride.Very nice indeed!

Larry, nice addition to your Monte.I will be looking at that ebay site.

I will be putting in my new HEI distributor and my new stater relay.

Removed Roof Skin on my newly aquired SS454 car. Someone done some bondo magic and had hundreds of pin holes full of filler along with some big holes full as well. What a mess!

So Roof Skin is off, not bad for an amateur. lol

Got a new booster and master cylinder in for the Monte today just got to get some parts and the install will happen. I also got a new timing light to double check the timing. Also been working on our 70 El Camino since we got back from the eastern meet.