71SS rear bumper rubber strip....

Rear bumper rubber strip is now installed. I'm going to give it a week or two and then adjust it as necessary to make sure it is flat and straight. Six of the seven holes are slotted just for adjustment purposes. I was careful to not over tighten the nuts when mounting the strip on the bumper and just snugged them up.

SAM_0816_zps08b91944.jpg

SAM_0815_zps6a1fdaf9.jpg

SAM_0814_zpsc7fbbf82.jpg

Thanks everyone. It is the NOS one I purchased a while back. It is not an NOS GM part. It was made by Prime out of California before the owner retired, closed up shop and sold the mold.

During the installation, it was nice to find out that my rear bumper brackets and back up light housings are all still in decent shape. Her rearend does look pretty nice for a 42 year old. wink

I spent all evening yesterday buffing, waxing and detailing. I'm off to the Autofest Show this morning. Really looking forward to just hanging out and enjoying the car this weekend. smile

LOL....good one Carl! It is impossible to put these strips on upside down because of the offset and non slotted 7th hole. I think they made it that way so that dummies like me wouldn't screw it up....it is idiot proof smile LOL

The mold was purchased by Precision. I spoke with the President several times over a six month period last year. He was considering producing them but decided against it due to it being an SS only and one year only part. He said it just wasn't worth his while at least for now. frown

Oh, the joy of finally having things as they should be ... (in spite of the cost)! smile

That really completes the look, Larry and it looks especially good with your Monte's black paint. Nice job!

Were you able to sell the other bumper and guards?

That would be great Jared! smile

I sold my other rear bumper yesterday while at the Autofest Show this weekend to a local guy rebuilding a 1970 Monte. A very nice guy and he is very much in to these cars and learning everything about them. It's great to see it going to a good home. smile