What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Paul the frame never came out from the time that I bought the car. It had already been blasted and paint by the previous owner so no rolling chassis pics.

post-1121-0-44861800-1508982887_thumb.jpg

post-1121-0-24866600-1508982978_thumb.jpg

post-1121-0-27921100-1508983084_thumb.jpg

ahhh, now we can see, the original chassis is there, changed forward of the firewall.

I've honestly never seen a leaf spring front suspension on the front (or rear) of a GM A-body. It eliminates those pesky upper & lower control arms, eh?

Also works well in the travel trailers. I've been using them for years. NO MICE!!

If you have slideouts be sure to tuck them in the lower corners at the seal.

The 72 came to life this morning/afternoon. Here is a video of it running https://www.facebook.com/rob.king.771/videos/1685091891525777/ it was just a quick fire up the computer wants to idle at 750 RPM but it idles at 1K RPM's. I can say one thing it starts up very quick compared to the other EFI I had.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Started the Monte for the first time in a couple of months. Backed it out of the garage and had 5 different neighbors on golf carts pulling up within a few minutes. My day was somewhat crappy, however it all changed as soon as she fired up and that 112 octane filled the atmosphere. That's my attitude adjustment, and it works every single time !!

• Like 3

Well, this year I have to put mine away in a storage unit . Not  too far from the house ,so I can go and "check" on it from time to time. My friend has other ideas for his pole barn this year so that was out of the question. 10'x20' $90.00 per month, rent it by the month. Will have it back here in April-May. Going to try and get a couple of things done (steering box, carburetor) before Carlisle. we are close to the half way mark for the meet.

post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It took me forever and a few more days to finally install the battery tray I made. A couple low head bolts thread up into it from the body. It's sized for a BCI 65 battery, the same in Crown Vics. The interstate version has 950 CCA. It just slides into the tray and a plate wedges it in place. Most of the work was done through the rear seat, way easier than this suddenly old guy from struggling in and out of the trunk.

When I store the car, I want to disconnect the battery. The switch will break the negative. I'll lug a cable to the bolt in the trunk for the bumper bracket and underneath, another lug goes from the bolt to the chassis.

post-201-0-61550300-1513037621_thumb.jpg

post-201-0-83910600-1513037634_thumb.jpg

Today, Fri Dec 15, I had a good day. I responded to an ad on Craigslist about Monte parts. I drove an hour away to pick up front and rear bumpers, a 72 grille with lenses, a 72 intake with the q jet that works, headlight bezels, window felt trim, a brand new headliner,brand new taillight gaskets, a set of fender skirts (blue), and exterior and interior door handle, and a few books/repair manuals.

• Like 1