What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

My son in-law Jamey came up today and we had a very busy work schedule. Got the Air-Lift 1000 system installed and new shocks.  This set up make a great difference in the ride quality. Did not realize the air shocks made than harsh of a ride on a car. Putting the wheels back we noticed that one set of the wheel nuts were not torquing correctly. Got to checking them out and they were not 7/16ths 20 thread but a  12mm 1.50 thread. It amazes me that I never had a problem on the road but never taken any any long trips since changing tires and wheels last Sept. WE  then proceeded to install the Shiney Hiney LED tail light assemblies that came in the mail this morning. Boy do those brighten up the back end of the 72 nicely. Jamey commented on how bright they were after we had everything hooked up and working. All in all a very good afternoon and also made me one tired motor scooter. Pictures to come later after some recuperation time. I is also very sore from laying on the concrete and having my arms over my head while flat backing it uder the car.

• Like 2

My son in-law Jamey came up today and we had a very busy work schedule. Got the Air-Lift 1000 system installed and new shocks.  This set up make a great difference in the ride quality. Did not realize the air shocks made than harsh of a ride on a car. Putting the wheels back we noticed that one set of the wheel nuts were not torquing correctly. Got to checking them out and they were not 7/16ths 20 thread but a  12mm 1.50 thread. It amazes me that I never had a problem on the road but never taken any any long trips since changing tires and wheels last Sept. WE  then proceeded to install the Shiney Hiney LED tail light assemblies that came in the mail this morning. Boy do those brighten up the back end of the 72 nicely. Jamey commented on how bright they were after we had everything hooked up and working. All in all a very good afternoon and also made me one tired motor scooter. Pictures to come later after some recuperation time. I is also very sore from laying on the concrete and having my arms over my head while flat backing it uder the car.

Those tail lights make it so you don't need a 3rd brake light....the flash of the brake lights really get your attention. Have any pics of the stance now?

Will have some tomorrow weather permitting Glen. It is sitting a little taller now because the air shocks were almost completely down. The ride is greatly improved though and that is one of the first things Jamey noticed when we went for a short drive about three hours ago.

Went and picked mine on Friday.Put the battery in ,primed the carb,off she went!! All good except for a small area of Mice droppings on top of the radiator cover! you know the one with the FGMCC on it! Yeah I'm still looking' for the little rascal. Had bounce sheets all over the car. have not located any more evidence of it being anywhere else in the car. 

Started out with a car swap. The Nomad is getting a new back window only been out of the car for a year. And the Monte just needs to get outpost-26-0-16612900-1459103255_thumb.jpeg While gathering everything to get the Nomad out (fuel pump not pumping fuel) enjoy the sounds of my 70 big block just purring away

Finally replaced the front bumper on my 4 speed '70. It wasn't in terrible shape but had one small dent on the leading edge near the centerr and a spot on top where the chrome turned dark. (see photos) It was bad enough to be an embarrassment at car shows.

I picked up a nice new '70 bumper from Dennis Day (Day1975) since he actually needed a '71 bumper instead. He shipped it FedEx Ground and it arrived in good shape - amazing! One thing I learned from this experience is to install the parking lights, bumper guards and even the front plate onto the bumper BEFORE installing the bumper on the car.

Because I wanted to paint the parking light housings, I installed the bumper first while the paint dried overight. It is not impossible to mount the parking light housings with the bumper already on the car, but it is the next thing to it - what an unnecessary hassle!

Another thing I learned is that at least two of the eight bolts that hold the front bumper on are nearly inaccessible. I had to use a crow's foot on a 3/8" drive breaker bar to get one loose - not sufficient clearance to use a socket and too far up inside to use a ratcheting wrench. Oh well, it's all done now and I even included an "after" photo ot prove it.

post-567-0-46900800-1459135454_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-01251300-1459135471_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-35527600-1459135482_thumb.jpg

Jippieeeeeeeeee got  the keys to a double garage today... So the work on monty continues indoor....

IMG_6790.jpg

IMG_6791.jpg

• Like 4

Went and picked up my front and rear fender extensions today. I installed the rears. As soon as I get the fronts on. Dave my painter will come over with his mini buffer and buff the pieces.

Also installed some LED's in the gauge cluster. Also installed a really nice used printed circuit board that I received from Bob Wiemels.

post-678-0-80433500-1459725061_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-77588600-1459725083_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The 70 Monte had its first wash of the year today. I was going to go to work today but it was just too nice outside.

• Like 1

Went and picked up my front and rear fender extensions today. I installed the rears. As soon as I get the fronts on. Dave my painter will come over with his mini buffer and buff the pieces.

Also installed some LED's in the gauge cluster. Also installed a really nice used printed circuit board that I received from Bob Wiemels.

OMG Tony, I hate to tell you but you inatalled your dash upside down!!

rob

• Like 3

That speedo looks good Tony. We pushed the 72 outside yesterday and it was a pain to push would have though the e-brake was on. 12401003_1148824668485838_69533657018548 might have a little clearance issue 12936523_1148666525168319_13845397308773

Rob. That 72 is gonna be a killer looking ride when she is done.

Today was the first installment to the never ending story known as the body shop. Ha. I finished up install on new air compressor, next week I'll get my bro. In laws sandblasters and go to town on frame, a arms rear end and this and that and coat it in I'll never see you again chassis black.

Put another LED 194bulb in my instrument cluster for the clock. Glenn Newman sent me some 194 bulb sockets for the cluster and a LED bulb for the heater controls.

Installed my front fender extensions,and the grill. I was excited to finally get to install my 5 year badge on the grill.

Put my rear bumper back on also. Once I get it outside. I'll be able to line up the bumper better. That way I can stand back and eye ball the center.

Need to get front bumper installed. Next

post-678-0-18877500-1460316673_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-23976400-1460316709_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-82274900-1460316730_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Put another LED 194bulb in my instrument cluster for the clock. Glenn Newman sent me some 194 bulb sockets for the cluster and a LED bulb for the heater controls.

Installed my front fender extensions,and the grill. I was excited to finally get to install my 5 year badge on the grill.

Put my rear bumper back on also. Once I get it outside. I'll be able to line up the bumper better. That way I can stand back and eye ball the center.

Need to get front bumper installed. Next

Looking damn good Tony! Did you find the heater panel socket? Where's the chrome piece for under the tail light extension?