What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Anyone have any better ideas on clips to hold down the vinyl top trim. The ones that I bought are junk. The trim is popping off. The clips seem to be a one time use thing. One of the members here told me what he bought, so I bought the same and am so frustrated right now. :(

Anyone have any better ideas on clips to hold down the vinyl top trim. The ones that I bought are junk. The trim is popping off. The clips seem to be a one time use thing. One of the members here told me what he bought, so I bought the same and am so frustrated right now. :(

Those plastic clips don't work very well do they. I think your choices are limited. Good luck on a solution.

I found some clips at the Parts Place for .40 each. The image looks similar to the old black ones that where on the car. And the the Parts Place says there for the 1970-72 Monte. I think I'll waste some more money and buy a couple doz.

Drove the 72 into town this morning to run some errands. Having the turn signals turn off after cornering is really nice and the Dakota Digital Cruise Control performs flawlessly.

• Like 1

how long did it take you to time that juuust right to get the sunbeam to hit the hood like that ?????...and what ONLY a few. compliments....??..gonna have that car in movies too now !

Reminds me of that old toothpaste commercial when the person smiles and gets a statburst reflection off of their tooth.....I bet you got more than a few compliments and thumbs ups

rob

• Like 1

Changed the oil and oil filter today then took a ride. Sunny but cool.

Bruce

• Like 2

My skirts showed up! I understand that these things usually show up with some dings in them. This one has one perfect dent, I'm sure it'll pop out nicely. Now, how to attach the mud flaps?

IMG_20160608_181619416_zps1vqluibm.jpg

Drove the 72 to two events in conjunction to my 50 year high school graduation reunion the last two days. A lot of my former classmates drooling over the car and even had one gal ask me for the keys so she could take it for a spin. Of course the answer to that was no Mam I don't thinks so. Her husband gave me a thumbs up on that response.. 

• Like 1

It was a nice day Sunday & took the Monte to a local car show.  Didn't enter her in the Show, but did drive through the venue so everyone got a good look.

Then parked outside. walked through and would have been the only Monte entered.

I purposely took my camera, but you think I would remember to take it out of the car!  NOPE! :fart: 

Just got my car vacuum cleaner and it did an awesome job.  Had I had time to polish, I may have entered in the Show. 

Doug

Yesterday. My son Graduated from High School. I asked him if he wanted to drive to graduation in the White Monte or Ride in the 70 Monte.

8751_zpssfag04d5.jpeg

He chose.

FB_IMG_1465825471562_zpsebica3vr.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got around to messing with my Monte...got it fired up and running :).

Just need to rework my switch so I can shut the car back off now, lol.

I put a solenoid on the carb to make it idle faster when the A/C is running. The AC pulled the idle down so that is would die at a stop light once in a while. Now when you turn the AC on the idle rpms or the in gear rpms stay the same with brake on.