What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Picture from yesterday. Papas Monte getting close to paint. Classic copper code 67 popping in the sunlight. Kevin wiles should be spraying the body in just a few weeks, trying to get some of the Vintage Air stuff squared away before we paint, otherwise a fender and hood away from being ready.

20160425_181247.jpg

Well... Spent a little today at summit racing, rearend rebuild kit and a set of gears. (3.55) also picked up 700r4 rebuild kit and lock-up kit and rear upper control arms. Hopefully I will be busy next week getting it all in and started.

• Like 1

First drive for me with my 1970 Monte, Beautiful night and no car issues. First time on the road in two years.

I am still amazed how much our Montes look like twins.
  • Like 1

When I get it painted I will put the Rally Stripes on too, we could be twins....lol

Rock, on 28 Apr 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

I am still amazed how much our Montes look like twins.

• Like 1

I replaced the 2 tail light lenses.....the passenger side was cracked and it was bothering me. I also replaced the seals to. I don't need water getting in there and shorting out the LED tail lights.

post-1188-0-98913100-1461981275_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Got my motor running broke in the cam all was good but had a water leak a pinhole in that foolish thing for the air conditioner that one of the heater hoses attach to was shooting water all over the place also the edelbrock gas line was leaking at the little plug that's in it, got it all fixed ran good until the alternator started mking noises so it's shut down till I get a new one.

Got my motor running broke in the cam all was good but had a water leak a pinhole in that foolish thing for the air conditioner that one of the heater hoses attach to was shooting water all over the place also the edelbrock gas line was leaking at the little plug that's in it, got it all fixed ran good until the alternator started mking noises so it's shut down till I get a new one.

It is warming up nicely down here south of the border but it looks like you could be forming a snowball.

rob

• Like 1

I was looking at the front of the Monte the other day and saw something was missing. I replaced the front bumper and wasn't going to add a front plate since we don't have to have one on classic cars in MN but it just looked like something was missing so I bought this.post-1188-0-74231400-1462213964_thumb.jpeg I think it goes well since my car is black and grey metallic. I think I need to add the backing plate though and maybe a clear cover....more shopping!

image_zpsndwtmu5q.jpeg

• Like 2

Had a day off work after working long hours the last couple months. I was out in the 71 Monte all day doing many errands

and it was a perfect day. Sunny and 28C (82F). Car ran great.

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1412.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

• Like 2

Well today i have to figure how to get my car from body shop. Just got 2nd bill for my Monte (2260). Oh and ive already paid 950$ and all they did was blast and epoxy coat.

Well, it wasn't my Monte but it was my Model A Ford. My Grandson's cub scout and their boy scout group are having a car cruise and steak cookout a week from this Sunday and I want to take both the Model A and the Monte. The Model A has had an overheating problem issue so I took it out and performed the first of two radiator and engine block a treatment and flush.

I used a prestone flush treatment for the first flush. With the Model A we never use any kind of anti-freeze so it does accumulate a bit of rust and since the water pump uses a packing material and grease some of this grease tends to also build up in the cooling system.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a safe radiator flush chemical I could use for my second flush of the system.

I also need to find the time to clean up the Monte for the first time this year.

rob

On my work bench ready to go to Levanti Customs.... Upper and lower Moog ball joints and control arm bushings and new moog 6 cylinder front coil springs to help pop the front up for drag racing. Dbreese helped me with that application. In addition I have DHM electric cutouts ready to go on as well. Birthday goodies. Lol.

• Like 3

Well... She made it home, it looks really good. Trying to line up a good metal worker, found more rust thru. Overall happy other than the cost.

post-4235-0-13909800-1462983005_thumb.jpeg

post-4235-0-08522900-1462983022_thumb.jpeg

post-4235-0-97539900-1462983057_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

That is the way to do it! I don't see any holes. looks great!

Bruce

Brought the Monte home tonight for its first bath of the season.  She was pretty dirty from her winter nap and I needed to clean her up for a car show my grandson's scout pack is hosting this Sunday and this would be the only chance I would have to get her ready.  She was smiling when I took her back to her garage.

rob

• Like 1

The way i look, at it is atleast im not doing 1/4 panels and floorpans. This is not really alot compared to others im sure we have all seen.